Talk

Advanced search

The dreaded Ryan Air - can I check in for my return flight home BEFORE I leave the UK?

(17 Posts)
Hulababy Thu 02-Jul-09 20:25:41

Thier site is by far the cheapest for our proposed October break. Eeek.

However you have to do online check in else it is £40 per person at the airport.

On the way out this is fine - I can do it from home and print, no problem.

Now the site says I can check in online up to 15 days before the flight.

Does this mean I can check in for my flight home (a week later) from home before I actually go on holiday?

MrsMuddle Thu 02-Jul-09 20:58:31

Yes, that's what we've done before.

Hulababy Thu 02-Jul-09 21:02:18

Thanks

Have tried every single airline I can tink of to avoid RyanAir!!! But they are sbstantially cheaper for October half term.

Have priced up with 1 hold bag each and also priority boarding, and handling fee. Still much cheaper.

So far, no charge for toilets wink

Looks like I shall have to risk it.

Hulababy Fri 03-Jul-09 14:01:41

It's booked

Overmydeadbody Fri 03-Jul-09 14:03:53

yes you can

Hulababy Fri 03-Jul-09 14:07:35

Thanks for confirmming Just must make sure we do it now else it is £40 to do it at the airport - I assume that is each!!!

So we have booked 1 hold bag each @15kgs per peron/bag (no spooling/sharing.

And I have booked priority boarding for us too.

Reckon there are going to other problems?

rookiemater Fri 03-Jul-09 20:56:53

I know what you mean about ryan air, I have just booked flight with them, but why don't they just tell you how much it is going to cost up front rather than all this fannying around. It just feels like they are looking out for further opportunities to fleece you out of money. I blame it on their CEO , he looks and sounds shifty not like Stelios who seems cuddly and approachable ( is probably also shark too)

puffling Sun 05-Jul-09 00:09:44

If you're away for a certain time ( I think it might be 14 days or more) you can't yet print return boarding pass. You'd need to do it during holiday.

I'm revising my views on Ryanair. It is a pain to do the fiddly booking, but they often end up cheaper, they have an excellent record for punctuality and you have to hand it to the CEO for keeping his eye on the ball, particularly during a recession.

thekids Sun 05-Jul-09 08:27:34

Stupid question but do you pay for your flights in one go with ryanair? Tia

bramblebooks Sun 05-Jul-09 09:20:26

You can do thekids, or you can pay for whichever ones you want and keep fingers crossed that the remaining flights are available when you want to book them.

bramblebooks Sun 05-Jul-09 09:20:55

... I have in the past booked DH on with the luggage, then booked myself and kids in as online checkin, making it much cheaper!

Hulababy Mon 06-Jul-09 18:37:54

puffling - am away for 7 days. Can't find anything about it on website, other than you can check in online up to 15 days before your flight.

CanvasBags Tue 21-Jul-09 09:10:58

Hula - can you elaborate here. I am confused. We're flying on Ryanair later this week. Am I supposed to do something to check in online?

My understanding of reading through the pages of T&Cs was that you could only book in online if you had only hand luggage.

I know we've paid for 2 of us to check in bags of up to 15kg to the hold. Could we have avoided paying that? Or will we have to pay more? It is all very confusing.

ZZZenAgain Tue 21-Jul-09 09:23:21

never flown with Ryanair, never been able to figure out how it works

saltcod Fri 24-Jul-09 11:48:01

CanvasBags, I think the bit about checking in online only if you had hand lugguage was the old rule and is no longer the case.

Hersetta Fri 24-Jul-09 14:43:44

For booking made from May onwards EVERYONE has to check in online and print boarding cards...if no they will charge you £40 per person at the airport so please read conditions on website carefully to avoid being strung. I fly with ryanair 4/5 times a year, and stick to their guidlines and you are fine. Don't and they will charge huge penalties.

DadInsteadofMum Tue 28-Jul-09 13:26:41

You need to check in and print your boarding cards before you leave home for both your outward and return journies.

It is a fairly easy and painless process through their website (unlike actually flying with them).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now