Talk

Advanced search

Ryanair query - Does it matter if DS name isn't exactly as on passport??

(4 Posts)
johnbarrowmanlovesme Wed 01-Jul-09 00:40:28

DH booked our flights but I have just realised that he put an abreviation of DS's name angry It is what we call him but it doesn't match his passport. Have never flown with Ryanair before but have heard they are really pinickety about things. Are they likely to refuse him onto the flight do you think??sad

OldLadyKnowsNothing Wed 01-Jul-09 04:27:07

It will depend entirely upon how aresy the staff choose to get. I have been accepted with an obvious abbreviation of my name, and on another occasion turned away because I couldn't spell my own last name. (It was a typo but there you go...!) Contact the airline and ask in advance - it will be cheaper (probably) to change the name than to lose the whole holiday.

kslatts Wed 01-Jul-09 08:49:22

I think you need to check-in online with ryanair now and you enter your passport number when you do it, I wonder whether their system would identify if the name is slightly different.

I think the only time you show your passport to Ryanair staff is at the gate, although we usually only take hand luggage so may be different if you have bags to drop off.

I guess it's best to check with Ryanair, but good luck trying to get through on the phone, has taken me ages in the past.

johnbarrowmanlovesme Wed 01-Jul-09 10:51:57

Have been trying to get through on the phone, it's taking ages.

We have already checked in & no problems with the name there.

I'm going to keep trying on the phone, can't risk poor ds being turned away sad

Thanks for your replies.
x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now