Talk

Advanced search

I'm sorry but can anyone suggest a holiday for us please?

(17 Posts)
1dilemma Tue 30-Jun-09 01:14:21

OK
if anyone can help I would be very grateful!
dh work keeps messing him around so still don't know when exactly but it has to be school holidays (yes I'm talking summer this year!)
prefer self-catering hotel would be fine but nothing too large/noisy
not too hot
near beach
family friendly
needs to sleep 4/5
if pool must be fenced

I quite fancy somewhere a bit different eg mountains, Norway etc. dh quite fancies the Med but I keep telling him me and the dcs will wilt

tricky bit is budget £1000 max for accomm. youngest is 2 so if a flight is involved needs to be cheap or else travel costs will be huge.

I'm sorry to ask but I have been round and round and got nowhere probably due to dhs work but it's driving me mad and we need something!

waitingforgodot Tue 30-Jun-09 12:13:26

how about going to the Alps? If you get a cheap flight to Geneva and stay in a Pierre & Vacances apartment, you could do it quite cheaply? They have outdoor and indoor pools but no beach? I havent been though so dont know how good it would be.
Or
get a cheap flight to Ireland and head for the south coast with beaches galore? dont imagine it would be too hot

Kiwinyc Tue 30-Jun-09 16:00:02

For that sort of budget I'd agree with wfg above. We're doing the Alps this summer, with Esprit - they open Catered Chalets normally used for skiing in 4 locations in France, Switzerland and Austria. If you can get cheap flights or were willing to drive to France you could manage quite a good last minute deal. None of the them have beach but the location in Austria (where we're going) has a large lake nearby and a sports complex in the village with indoor/outdoor pool.

EldonAve Tue 30-Jun-09 16:16:00

What about Germany? There are some nice lakes South West of Munich

titchy Tue 30-Jun-09 16:20:21

Last minute dot com is good. Just found a week's holiday in Austria in August for just under a grand. Loads of beach holidays for around £800 or £900

PortAndLemon Tue 30-Jun-09 16:30:42

Bulgaria here?

But would be inclined to do the Alps or Ireland, personally.

IkeaSnake Tue 30-Jun-09 16:31:13

NO way for £1k

slug Tue 30-Jun-09 17:11:23

Try Slovenia. It's child friendly, warm, has mountains, Easyjet goes there and is set up for family camping holidays. Have a look here Or here. The best bit is the whole country is the size of Wales, so you can visit vineyards, Karst caves, castles, lakes and mountains all within a few hours drive of wherever you are staying.

Tillyscoutsmum Tue 30-Jun-09 17:16:09

Have a look at Keycamp website ? You might just about get something for £1,000. I've been to one of them near Lake Garda in Italy and it was lovely (Chalet not tent)

IkeaSnake Tue 30-Jun-09 17:19:52

yes the chalets are the bees knees

EldonAve Tue 30-Jun-09 17:32:51

siblu has some last minute deals

1dilemma Wed 01-Jul-09 00:08:11

thanks all we can't camp for a few years one dc is a really bad wanderer (was found on the path to the beach on the one and only occasion we camped so far) MIL was supposed to be watching him but she is of the 'I know best' variety and didn't believe he would wander off)

Thought we'd found Cornwall earlier tonight but no availability

Lastminute had some good deals a few weeks ago then they went so I shall look again

dh work still annoying me by trying to refuse him time off!!

1dilemma Wed 01-Jul-09 00:10:41

I shall look at Esprit. I can't decide whether a week in a mobile home in a big park would be dreadful or great a lot depends on who else is there I suppose. (I am feeling very crabby with other people in a living in London kind of way....!)

Norwoodeye Wed 01-Jul-09 07:27:35

Its worth searching for late deals or last minute deals on google and then finding private rentals as many offer better discounts than if you go via a broker or tour operator. A great villa in Le Marche Italywhere we have had a great holiday, is offering 40% discounts for mid July weeks. It fits your budget and has a fenced pool is in stunning mountain scenery- well it seems to tick all your boxes!

Good Luck in your search!

Norwoodeye Wed 01-Jul-09 07:27:38

Its worth searching for late deals or last minute deals on google and then finding private rentals as many offer better discounts than if you go via a broker or tour operator. A great villa in Le Marche Italywhere we have had a great holiday, is offering 40% discounts for mid July weeks. It fits your budget and has a fenced pool is in stunning mountain scenery- well it seems to tick all your boxes!

Good Luck in your search!

serin Thu 02-Jul-09 00:07:35

If you do decide on a mobile home try Canvas holidays, they use the same sites as keycamp and siblu but are much cheaper.

1dilemma Thu 02-Jul-09 22:41:28

Oh thanks guys

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now