Talk

Advanced search

Holiday with 2.5 yr old and 6 wk old baby - small budget and fussy - help!

(6 Posts)
Belgrano Sat 20-Jun-09 21:21:55

We're looking for somewhere sunny to go on holiday in Sept with our new baby and DD who will be 2.5. We want a kids club that takes them at age 2 (I know not all do). Then she can go for part of some days so we get a chance to relax if we haven't had any sleep with the newborn!
I don't want to pay through the nose (it's a two weeker and we're hoping to come in under £3K) but am also terribly fussy, and not really keen on any entertainment type evenings, loud noise at nighttime when we want to chill, and forced jollity around the place - hence a bit reluctant about all inclusive 'resorts'. Usually we always do self catering but am thinking all inclusive might be great on this hol as we'll be so tired and tied up with new baby, so i guess in that case it would need to be one that doesn't force the fun on us!
We need 2 rooms - a sep room for DD as she's a v light sleeper and we'd have to tiptoe around with lights off - never read before bed etc if we share with her!
I have considered Mousses in Lefkas, which looks good, but am holding off booking in case their prices drop any more between now and then. Any other suggestions?
Outside the Euro would be great for obvious money reasons!
THank you, all ideas gratefully received....

popsycal Sat 20-Jun-09 21:24:05

oh god i would be staying at home

popsycal Sat 20-Jun-09 21:24:24

sorry not very helpful

Rindercella Sat 20-Jun-09 21:29:29

We went to Mousses in May. It was nice (creche was fab), BUT houses themselves were very uncomfortable - really hard beds, and downstairs not much better. I know loads of people love it, but we wouldn't go back as we value our comfort (sleep) too much. Also noisy at night with neighbourhood dogs, cats, etc.

Sorry, not much help and I can't make any other suitable recommendations for a family with a small child (will keep a check on this thread for future reference though).

Belgrano Mon 22-Jun-09 21:28:51

Oh Rindercella thank you, that's v helpful as reminds me I actually read that somewhere else and I am light sleeper so we'll probably give Mousses a miss then. But PLEAASE can someone else help? Come on! I need some suggestions MN'ers!

Kiwinyc Tue 23-Jun-09 12:08:13

Periyali Villas on Zykynthos (through Simpson) - stayed there when it was still Simply Travel with a 3yo and a 4mth old, it was comfortable enough. Creche is fantastic. The accomodation has been done up since and each villa has its own little plunge pool now also. V. quiet & sleepy. But water is brackish and comes out of tap brown - bit off putting at bathtime!

Otherwise Simply Travel on Crete - Alianthos Apts. Have not stayed at that accommodation but can vouch for Simply Travel childcare, its excellent.

Prices should be cheaper in late Sept and its still plenty warm enough then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now