Talk

Advanced search

last minute summer holiday with dcs, anyone done it?

(7 Posts)
1dilemma Wed 17-Jun-09 01:00:36

we have yet to book anything and can't find anything we like/cheap enough.

So I was wondering whether anyone has just booked a week off and chanced a last minute summer holiday? and if so was it any good/would you do it again?

I think we might be a bit too fussy to risk it but was wondering whether anyone else had?

Thanks

EldonAve Wed 17-Jun-09 08:22:21

bumping for you

waitingforgodot Wed 17-Jun-09 10:10:06

I looked on Teletext last night and there are some really good last minute deals to Greece and Balearics( I was looking at self catering apartments so DS could have his own room).

waitingforgodot Wed 17-Jun-09 10:11:29

I meant to say this was Teletext online not the telly!
Also, I was taking a note of the accom name and looking at reviews online on tripadvisor and holidaywatchdog as a lot of them were getting bad reviews.

scratchet Wed 17-Jun-09 10:38:44

One of the best hols i ever had was a last minute one to corfu. x

norksinmywaistband Thu 18-Jun-09 23:17:50

Not yet done it with DC but it is the only way we have ever been on holiday.( our honeymoon was booked the day before we left, we had already been married for 2 days)

This year however we are taking DC age 3 & 4 with us we have booked leave for first full week in JUly and will probably grab our holiday about 5 days before.

Best deal we ever got was about 6 years ago - fortnight in the Algarve, £79 each. Accomodation was basic but fine, was self catering and at that price the accomodation was only required for sleeping/showering as every meal was eaten out

1dilemma Thu 18-Jun-09 23:30:42

umm thanks all dh might be leaving work, and certainly has a very restricted timetable over the next few weeks, we are stuck with school holidays I'm feeling the need to move house and still can't decide!
A couple of possibilities came up this week but dhs work is preventing any forward planning!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now