Talk

Advanced search

Pollensa, Sharm el Sheikh, Algarve, or Cyprus for Oct Half term ? HELP

(8 Posts)
Page62 Sun 14-Jun-09 18:47:09

Hi
We are looking for somewhere not too far but still good chance of nice weather in Oct (half term 17th-24th).
Last year, we had really good weather in Portugal staying in Pine Cliffs. We booked that again this year just in case but was wondering if anybody had been to either
1) pollensa (recommended area to us was near pine walk?)
2) sharm el sheikh
3) Cyprus

in October and would they recommend a place please? we'd quite like the option of both pool and beach and just want an EASY holiday. 2 kids, 5 and 3.

thanks!!

bellavita Sun 14-Jun-09 19:00:15

Well, I read Algarve in the title and thought I would reply and say the Sheraton Algarve/Pine Cliffs is absolutely beautiful and then I read the rest of your post! grin We did (not last year, but year before) October half term and really enjoyed it.

Sorry, I cannot comment on the other places as we haven't been.

Page62 Sun 14-Jun-09 19:01:29

yeah there's a part of us thinking why change something that clearly works for us....just wondering if there's something similar in other places that is as nice....

bellavita Sun 14-Jun-09 19:14:33

I know they are part of a timeshare group - but cannot remember which one (they don't come under ours). Would it be worth having look at what else is under their umbrella in the other places you want to visit and see if they have something along the same lines?

mooseloose Sun 14-Jun-09 19:15:25

We are going to Turkey in Oct half term - Olu Deniz. Not been before......

copycat Sun 14-Jun-09 23:56:03

I would definitley chose Egypt or Turkey over Cyprus anyday. Turkey is so scenic IMO and lots of choice of regions and hotel. Egypt will probably have the best weather of the destinations you have listed.

Page62 Mon 15-Jun-09 10:59:03

Ok thanks. All very helpful.

We are looking at some hotels in Sharm El Sheikh now, but any suggestions would be most welcome!

hf128219 Mon 15-Jun-09 22:26:37

The Holiday Village in Sharm comes highly recommended from friends.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now