Talk

Advanced search

Paris help.

(3 Posts)
Kayzr Sun 14-Jun-09 09:53:11

We are probably going to Paris next April for my birthday!! My mum is looking after the boys so we are child free.

Which area is the best to stay so we are fairly central?

Also where do you recommend we visit? We want to do the Eiffel Tower, Louvre and the Notre-Dame catherdal.

Thanks

Portofino Sun 14-Jun-09 11:59:16

I would stay on the Left Bank in the Latin Quarter. There are lots of hotels at all budgets and lots of good restaurants/nightlife. You can walk to Notre Dame and the Jardins du Luxembourg. There is a Batobus stop that takes you to the Eiffel Tour and the Louvre. Take a stroll in the Tullieries after. You can buy a pass for a couple of days and cruise up and down as much as you like. And there is the Metro of course.

The Sacre Coeur and Montmartre are worth a visit. The Musee D'Orsay is fab. Go early for the Eiffel Tower as the queues can be huge. What we did last time was book a meal in the restaurant on the 1st level, as you get to totally jump the queue. It's gorgeous all lit up at night.

Kayzr Mon 15-Jun-09 08:51:05

Thanks will look for hotels there. Must also work on my French.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now