Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Greek island with a toddler - recommendations?

(4 Posts)
Bumperlicioso Mon 08-Jun-09 22:03:40

We are looking for a holiday at the end of the summer and are considering a Greek island. Ideally we'd like to spend a day or two in Athens and get a ferry to the island (apparently that's the only way to go!). I'm completely clueless so would appreciate any recommendations. Ideally we want an apartment otherwise we'll be stuck in hotel room at night with a sleeping DD!

Thanks!

rosbif Tue 09-Jun-09 13:00:20

Skiathos is wonderful but ferry about 3 hours from Athens I think and perhaps a coach to ferry terminal? You could try Spetses (no cars, ideal with toddlers) which is not far from Athens

mogwai Sat 13-Jun-09 23:37:35

I second skiathos

You can get a ferry much closer though - about an hour on the ferry, sorry, don't rememebr the details.

Alternatively, take a flight??

BodenGroupie Mon 15-Jun-09 14:51:48

I third it! Can't be that difficult to get to because it's always full of Athenians at weekends.

Took my DDs twice when they were younger - big advantage is that there is only one road with a good bus service running up and down so you can try different beaches.

Having said that, I've been to about 20 different islands and have only been disappointed with Kos and Keffalonia.

Thassos is my favourite - beautiful beaches and much cheaper to eat out than many islands.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now