Talk

Advanced search

Self catering child friendly in spain, turkey, greece etc

(11 Posts)
catski Sun 07-Jun-09 12:23:13

We're looking for something easy and cheapish (not bargain basement, but not five star either). Somewhere with a swimming pool and beach, hot and sandy, not too far away - you know the deal. Needs to be toddler and pregnant woman friendly and needs to be self catering as my son has dietary restrictions.

Any suggestions? Looking to go late august or september.

MadameCastafiore Sun 07-Jun-09 12:40:47

here - is where we have been and are going again - the pool is salt water so much better for you, is not too hot, beach is a trot away (but I wouldn't take a toddler to the beach) but the pool is lovely and you can drive to Sienna or Rome or get a train to Florence for the day.

People who own it are lovely and you often wake to find freshly picked peaches and tomatoes and bottles of olive oil on your table outside and they keep the place immaculate.

catski Mon 08-Jun-09 11:55:30

Thanks MadameCastafiore - I will check it out!

nicolasmum Tue 09-Jun-09 20:52:42

Try Akyaka in Turkey......google and lots of info will come up. Or look at www.akyaka.com

R2G Fri 12-Jun-09 00:38:13

Cheap, lovely, pool, beach, tennis courts, supermarket home delivery, costa calida hot all year round- lovely. And £200 a week

here

Leslaki Fri 12-Jun-09 18:19:59

here is fab! we went last year and going this year. Fly into venice and get the bus/coach directly from arrivals to th campsite!! beach is fantastic and so are the pools!

hockeypuck Sat 13-Jun-09 15:27:41

That place looks lovely Leslaki. What kind of accomodation did you stay in? How far is it to go out and sightsee - is there public transport etc? or did you stay on the site?

Leslaki Sun 14-Jun-09 10:29:38

Hi Hockey we stayed in one of these and booked through canvas to use our tesco vouchers! You get a BBQ so did all the cooking on that.

It's dead easy to go out and sightsee but we didn't do as much as I thought we would as we were enjoying the beach and pools so much! Venice is a must and you can go by local bus (stops right outside campsite) which is the cheap option, or go by coach to Punta Sabbione and then boat to arrive at St mark's Sq - best way to arrive for the first time but it is more expensive. Venice is amazing and there's so much to see you'll need a few days to explore if you want to see more than the main sites.

We also got the bus into Caorle a couple of times - it has a water park (not as big s the HUGE one in Lido de Jesolo but this one suited my DC - 5 and 6 last year) and is also a lovey town.

The campsite is separated from the beach by pine trees and you can walk through these to get to the local town of Eraclea Mare (5 mins but bring a torch if going at night!) which is lovely and has great restuarants, market etc.

That's as far as we ventured but some people hred cars and even drove into the lakes - long journey for a day trip though!

There's plenty to do on site although I tend to avoid th evening etertainment - kids liked it though and there is an arcade with mini motorbikes/cars, trampolines, water dodgems etc which the kids loved but I tried to get away from! The restauarnt was great and not too expensive.

Beach is lovely and cleana nd gently shelving so very safe for the kids. You can hire pedalos.

Hope that helps - just ask of you wan any more info!

hockeypuck Sun 14-Jun-09 16:51:45

Thanks Leslaki. Great advice. I've realised they close this year before we want to go (end September) but will definitely bookmark it for next year.

krugerparkrules Mon 29-Jun-09 13:42:35

MademeCastafiore - i have looked at the link and it looks so amazing - i have looked on the map and was wondering which beach you were referring to? It seemed quite inland to me or am i reading hte map wrong! Which did you find the nearest town to fly to?

Thanks

Dinnertonight Tue 30-Jun-09 23:24:38

Try Spain, lovely weather in Sept. See http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S11637.htm self catering, child friendly, close to beach

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now