Talk

Advanced search

Help please! Somewhere nice in Europe with a kids club for UNDER 3's....??

(24 Posts)
tokentotty Fri 05-Jun-09 22:50:54

Ok, have only ever done one package holiday before and that was without kids. Am looking to go in September post kids holidays and having looked at the 'Kids in the Med' brochure I picked up from the local travel agent am worried as from the whole book there was only one resort that had a kids club for under 3's. Tell me there are more....!!!

tokentotty Sat 06-Jun-09 14:03:17

bump

Stinkyfeet Sat 06-Jun-09 14:06:46

Kids' clubs for under 3's are unusual - most start at 4 or 5. You'll need to be looking for a creche I think - which is not usually included in the holiday price.

1dilemma Sat 06-Jun-09 15:06:34

I'm struggling with this in a round about way. Not really looking for a kids club but very much resenting having to pay full childs price for my 2 year old who will get very little for it whereas older ones get either activities or will eat a whole heap more food.

looked at first choice holiday village after seeing them on here got the impression they were not exactly upmarket or luxary and couldn't find anything under about 3,500 for 1 week

needless to say we're still looking

moopymoo Sat 06-Jun-09 15:09:25

for the same price you could get a fab villa and pay for an aupair or similar to come with you.

1dilemma Sat 06-Jun-09 15:12:47

oh I know and a lot more freedom and know that the food will be nice etc etc. I'm just having such trouble getting on with it made worse by fact that dh and I want completely different things but he wants me to sort it all out then to reserve the right to complain when it isn't perfect!

Stilla Sat 06-Jun-09 22:44:29

I worked for First Choice and we ran two fantastic creches in our resort grin

ILoveDolly Sat 06-Jun-09 22:47:01

The only place I know that does this is in the UK

choppychopster Mon 08-Jun-09 12:35:18

Lykia world in Turkey has a creche/kids club for under 3s. 'Tis a lovely place - lots of threads about it on MN. I'm trying to convince DH that we should book for September.

notyummy Mon 08-Jun-09 12:42:16

1dilemma

How much are you wanting to spend?

I know of somewhere in France....but tis fairly expensive.

Gorgeous though!

shangrila Mon 08-Jun-09 14:25:58

Vila Vita Parc in the Algarve has a fantastic kids club. Keeping my DC out of it was the struggle. It is £££, but well worth it. Nice, friendly hotel and staff, too.

SusieDerkins Mon 08-Jun-09 14:27:20

Club Med at Opio en Provence (near Cannes) is fab. I can thoroughly recommend it.

JackBauer Mon 08-Jun-09 14:53:46

Club Med do clubs for under 3's, we just came back from Tunisia (not europe, but still CLub Med!) Didn't use the club though, am too cheapgrin

gordonpym Tue 09-Jun-09 06:06:07

I have the perfect place. The perfect place for babies and kids and mums who want to enjoy and relax.... BUT do you speak any italian????

In Italy we found:

http://www.igrandiviaggi.it/

which is quite a famous tour operator, and their resorts in Italy (sicily and sardynia) have a baby claub starting from 6 month and open from 9 am to 23 pm!!!!
The baby/kids/junior club have a nice and big area with baby pool, bicycles, ....games,.... lot of staff, 24 hours open kitchen with milk,juice, baby food (all free), special meals for toddler, or you can take them with you at one of the restaurants. Rooms are bungalows with garden so you can enjoy breakfast while LO play in the garden or safely walksaround (restaurant has trays for this purpose). Ours was in the front of the tennis courts so DS1 lovedto play in there. We didn't use the baby club a lot, just to have a nice dinner at the beach restaurant or swim or ... just relax.
It was one of our best holiday. the club was called marispica.
And for adults there are tons of activities as well.

gordonpym Tue 09-Jun-09 06:07:45

typing blush!!!
My mind was over there and my brain is still sleeping

rosbif Tue 09-Jun-09 12:58:16

Cap Esterel in St Raphael is very nice and club from three months.

Kiwinyc Tue 09-Jun-09 13:17:16

Simply Travel - Crete and Lefkas
Simpson Travel - Zykynthos
Sunsail
Mark Warner
all do childcare for under 3's

If you have mucho £££ Powder Byrne are excellent.

Kiwinyc Tue 09-Jun-09 13:20:03

Oh and Kinderhotels in Austria offer childcare from babies and up.

tokentotty Wed 10-Jun-09 21:41:59

Thankyou, thankyou for all the replies, will take a look at your suggestions as soon as I get the chance. Having two under two's kinda limits my internet access - hence the desperation just for a few hours of child free time on holiday!!!

backintheUK Wed 10-Jun-09 21:44:30

The meridian hotel in cyprus is also lovely and had a fantastic kids club called penguin club which was really really lovely would reall recommend it and hotel lovely with adults only bit and pool where once sproglets in kids club we could laze about in the quiet....

tokentotty Wed 10-Jun-09 23:43:48

Sorry, from what age did they take children at Le Meridien?

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Tue 16-Jun-09 09:38:21

Have nothing but praise for Simply Travel in Mousses, Lefkas. Fab accommodation, fantastic playroom & garden for children's club and enthusiastic & loving nannies. Worth every penny . nannies in the children's club will also babysit for you in the evenings. They also did our laundry as the villas didn't have washing machines at the time.

Also: very short and easy transfer from Preveza (30 mins by car). Cost of holiday includes car hire.

Lefkas town is gorgeous. We spent hours wandering around the little streets with DCs and the Greeks absolutely adore young children, ime .

Tigerlion Tue 16-Jun-09 23:20:05

I have just got back from Lykia World in Turkey which was superb. Kids' clubs from 6 months plus are included in the price and they have the most amazing aqua park which was superb. 19 pools in total - something for everyone. And the food and wine included in the price were superb too. Kids clubs run from 8.30-12.00, 3-6 and 7.30-10.30pm and you can put them in as many times as you want. We just loved it

rookiemater Fri 03-Jul-09 21:00:34

La Manga in Costa Calida has a childrens club which accepts under 3s, it is expensive though at 65 euros per session of 3 hours, we only used it once, all the restaurants and facilities were very child friendly

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now