Talk

Advanced search

Northern France - Picardy, Pas de Calais etc

(15 Posts)
LIZS Fri 05-Jun-09 17:05:41

Was looking at the likes of Belle Dune or Le Crotoy but fairly £££ for July/August. Any similar ideas in that area (don't want a long drive) and suggestions as to what there is to do ?

Othersideofthechannel Fri 05-Jun-09 21:41:48

The whole coast from Calais to Le Crotoy has lovely sandy beaches.

How old are your DCs? I'm sure you'll find something to do.

There's a maize maze in the summer months inland from Le Touquet and also a tree top adventure thing, Azincourt battle field, Montreuil sur Mer historic walled town, Le Touquet for posh (window)shopping, the Marquenterre nature reserve, WW history sites,

For wet days, indoor fun pools in Boulogne and Le Touquet, ice skating rink in Boulogne.

Othersideofthechannel Fri 05-Jun-09 21:47:35

How about Wimereux?

http://wimereux.co.uk/

LIZS Sat 06-Jun-09 10:32:39

Treetop adventure thing is exactly the sort of thing we're after ! dc are 7 and 11 and love the beach, forests and fairly low key attractions, ds just done WW2 at school.

LIZS Sat 06-Jun-09 10:36:01

Unfortunately that apartment is already booked all summer , looks great though and not £££

Othersideofthechannel Sat 06-Jun-09 12:52:38

Oh, I didn't specifically mean that apartment. It was just to give you an idea of the town.

Othersideofthechannel Sat 06-Jun-09 12:55:01

treetop adventure

Othersideofthechannel Sat 06-Jun-09 12:59:06

They also have a sand sculpture exhibition every year in Le Touquet.

There's a theme park called Bagatelle.

WW2 history + a bit of space history

Othersideofthechannel Sat 06-Jun-09 13:00:25

I'm sure you'll find plenty to do with children that age.

As for somewhere to stay, Merlimont and Quend Plage are popular with the locals I know but have not been to either.

Portofino Mon 08-Jun-09 10:38:27

You could cross into Belgium. Sunparks (CP but cheaper) have a couple of parks on the coast. There is a tram that runs the entire length of the coast so easy to visit the different towns. There are theme parks/aquariums, lovely sandy beaches and some good restaurants.

Portofino Mon 08-Jun-09 10:41:20

Sunparks link

gemmiegoatlegs Mon 08-Jun-09 10:43:02

keycamp?

st valery

LIZS Mon 08-Jun-09 17:42:02

Those look interesting. Any been to Résidence les Jardins de la côte d'Opale in Le Touquet ?

ConstantlyCooking Thu 11-Jun-09 21:22:30

we had a great time with Pierre & Vacances at Belle Dune

ConstantlyCooking Thu 11-Jun-09 21:23:44

meant to add - they currently have some special offers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now