Talk

Advanced search

I have found some great flights to Gerona/ barcelona airport - can anyone recommend some good cheap accomodation near that area?

(8 Posts)
josben Fri 05-Jun-09 09:37:55

I don't mind going to one of the more busy resorts as we are only going for a 4 night break break - we would probably need 3 rooms. I never been to this area of Spain before so any advice would be greatly appreciated TIA
smile

OrangeFish Fri 05-Jun-09 09:41:50

Don't know about busy resorts as I normally do city breaks (I could recommend the Condes de Barcelona hotel, which is very good placed to see the city but I don't know if that is the sort of holiday you have in mind).

If you would like a self cattering www.holidaylettings.com may be a good place to start.

josben Fri 05-Jun-09 09:44:47

Thanks - I will have a look at that website smile

I'm going with family and the 3 DC's so I was thinking more of a resort with pool and beach nearby

motheroftwoboys Mon 08-Jun-09 16:26:48

If you go to Barcelona itself you get the best of both worlds as you have the city and the beach! smile or you could try Sitges which is very close.

mulranno Tue 09-Jun-09 18:53:24

You are not that near to Barcelona with Girona ...nearest seaside is much more north...try llafranc tamariu

phoebebouffet Mon 22-Jun-09 22:22:26

Have a look at flats by days.com they have a selection of apartments all budgets, all sizes, all over barcelona too I think!

Washersaurus Mon 22-Jun-09 22:39:27

DH and I have booked some beautiful apartments in Barcelona through Rentalo - you put in your requirements and people email you with offers (you can stop it when you find one you like)

maggiethecat Thu 25-Jun-09 12:57:57

Had a fantastic hol in Costa Brava last year. Stayed in a small town called Calella de Palafrugell under an hour's drive from Gerona. Hotel Alga was excellent - lovely grounds, good food and 5 mins walk from beach. I believe that the hotel is connected to apartments next door (you might have to call to enquire) but I suspect that it would be difficult to get something for this summer this late - worth a try tho.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now