Talk

Advanced search

Disneyland Paris at Christmas with 3 littlies!

(7 Posts)
tartanmum Tue 02-Jun-09 11:26:37

DH and I are thinking of taking our 3 girls (5,4,2) to Disneyland Paris just before Christmas this year - probably for a day or 2 - any tips advice etc welcome. Never been before and wonder if it might be a bit of a nightmare?

2madboys Tue 02-Jun-09 11:39:15

We did this last year (18th Dec) with 2 DS - 8 and 5. It was great. Very crowded, but not really a problem. You will need to be organised and try and get to the popular rides early, but the biggest queues are for the major rides which your girls will be too small for anyway. Quite a magical Christmas atmosphere. This is not a relaxing holiday, but most hols with young children aren't anyway! We had 2 full days and 2 half days and did absolutely everything we wanted to in that time.

Ohforfoxsake Tue 02-Jun-09 11:44:31

You are SOOOOO lucky!

It will be fab. They do it really well.

choppychopster Wed 03-Jun-09 09:24:11

Christmas at Disneyland Paris is lovely! I used to work for a big tour operator doing marketing for their Disney programme so I used to get to go a few times a year, but Christmas was always my favourite. I'll definitely be taking DD in a couple of years time when she's big enough to enjoy it properly.

If you can go a little bit earlier in December before the schools break up it will be much quieter but they still have all the Christmas events on (they actually start them in November if I recall correctly).

carrielou2007 Wed 03-Jun-09 21:30:16

It will be fab - it snows when they do the parade!! I can still sing the parade song (I'm hummng it now). The first time we ever did Disney we went early december and got the christmas parades, went with my sis and her 3 thinking not my thing but it's a break. I LOVED it! We've been 4 times now, last time in Feb my dd aged 2 had a FAB time.

Word of warning it gets VERY cold, take snacks as there literally is no fruit whatsoever and no-where outside to go and buy it. Some tof the breakfasts will have a bit of fruit but we were fighting over the bananas!

hockeypuck Sun 07-Jun-09 16:16:39

Hi, I took my DD a few years ago when she was 3. We went right at the end of November, when all the christmas things were there but much cheaper to go and no queues for anything at all. The atmosphere was great, the parades brilliant, she saw Father Christmas (bizarely standing next to Sully from Monsters Inc) without a queue.

Second CarrieLou, it is freezing there!!! DD wore a snowsuit the whole time. We made flasks of hot chocolate and took them round with us.

Food is dire and really expensive (even 3 years ago before the Euro was so strong). Have a look at other threads for more info about food etc.

Leslaki Thu 11-Jun-09 19:44:31

If you can go in term time then do so!! We went twice the first week in Dec and it was fab!!! really Christmassy and you'll love it!!
Second the food. It's really bad! We're just back and I had to pay 20euros for a hotdog, disgusting chicken nuggets, 2 drinks and 2 portionsof chips!!! Vile as well!! the restuarants are better but expensive. cafe Mickey is worth doing for the characters but it was 66euros for a ceasar salad and ice cream, kids burger, kids pizza and ice creams - 3 drinks. No veg anywhere!!

BUT go go go!!! It's fantastic!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now