Talk

Advanced search

Canvas / Keycamp etc. What "extras" do you take?

(9 Posts)
MrsMuddle Mon 01-Jun-09 22:19:03

Have been with Canvas for the past couple of years, and last year, as soon as I came home so I didn't forget, I wrote a list of things to take this year.

I put the list somewhere safe, and can't for the life of me remember where.

I know that I had a sharp knife,bathmat & coffee maker on the list, but what other essentials do you take?

DC are teenagers, so no need for baby paraphenalia.

sunnyshine Mon 01-Jun-09 22:28:42

i always take

kitchen tongs, oven gloves, tea towels, torch, corkscrew,lighter for gas hobs, pegs. then i also take salt and pepper, 1 loo roll, bin bags, washing up liquid, resealable bags, plastic storage pots, washing powder( so you dont end up with big box)

MrsMuddle Mon 01-Jun-09 22:37:00

Salt and pepper, washing tablets and clothes pegs were also on my original list. Thanks for reminding me.

cornsilk Mon 01-Jun-09 22:38:56

rice, pasta, foil, kitchen roll, loo roll, cleaning spray, bin bags, cloths, cork screw

GrapefruitMoon Thu 04-Jun-09 11:06:28

If you have to clean the mobile home before you leave I find floor wipes great.

I will be taking a tin-opener as I find the French ones too hard to use. If your kids are fussy about something (eg mine only like a particular brand of ketchup) bring that too.

You might want to check what shape pillows they provide - we have often had square pillows which we've had to squeeze onto "normal" pillowcases.

Something to wrap sandwiches in if you will be having picnics.

We've always had a coffee maker provided so didn't need to bring one but I bring filter papers so we can have a cup straight away!

A container with some cooking oil in - otherwise if you buy some there you are left with almost a full bottle to throw away or try to bring home without spilling!

MrsMuddle Thu 04-Jun-09 13:54:52

Thank you all. I found my list last night, and it was in a very logical place - in my address book, under H for Holidays!

gill89 Thu 04-Jun-09 13:57:16

what was on it?

MrsMuddle Thu 04-Jun-09 14:36:33

Wipes (for cleaning when we leave)
Salt & pepper
Dishtowel
Old towel to use as bath mat
Clothes pegs
espresso maker (a stovetop one - not an "appliance") and coffee
Mosuqito candles
Torch
Backpack - for day trips
Ice cube bags
Ice packs
Mugs
Fleece blankest - we were freezing at night!
Bin bags
Washing tablets.

gill89 Thu 04-Jun-09 18:23:03

i always take a toilet duck thingy...the sort you hang in the bowl.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now