Talk

Advanced search

Portugal passport validity

(9 Posts)
bluejeans Sun 31-May-09 22:50:06

Does anyone know how many months you must have left on your passport to travel to Portugal? or the best way to find out?

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Sun 31-May-09 22:51:12

It's normally 6 months for europe.

bluejeans Sun 31-May-09 22:53:44

Oh really - thanks. DD only got 3 months. Am I right in thinking children's passports cost about £50 but only last 5 years?? shock

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Sun 31-May-09 22:55:23

www.ips.gov.uk/passport/fees.asp

Yup! shock What a rip off!!!

bluejeans Sun 31-May-09 23:03:56

Thanks, fluffybunny! I think children's passports should be half price max

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Sun 31-May-09 23:07:10

A replacement should be half the price. I think the origional covers the admin/checks they have to do. They don't need to do these for a replacement one though. I suppose the govenment are after all they can get at the moment though hmm.

bluejeans Sun 31-May-09 23:10:43

The photos are't cheap either - mind you DD takes a better photo than me so might not require 3 attempts smile

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Sun 31-May-09 23:13:45

We're off to Paris in the summer so I've got mine and ds's to pay for. £8 for pictures, £7 for a replacement birth certificate for ds as I keep loosing them blush, then the passports, hotel etc. They shouldn't be so bloody expensive!

DadInsteadofMum Tue 02-Jun-09 11:01:33

I have travelled with just days left on mine - I wouldn't worry about it. My kids are all due for renewal in October, we will travel this summer and then renew at leisure in the autumn.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now