Talk

Advanced search

Anyone been anywhere shorthaul in a hotel that has interconnecting rooms or a 2 bed suite?

(34 Posts)
Fimbo Sat 30-May-09 20:42:47

Please? Preferably the second room to have twin beds.

Hassled Sat 30-May-09 20:49:00

The trouble is that interconnecting rooms don't usually (ever?) show on online booking as an option - the only way we've found one is by calling the hotels directly - Raddisson at Stansted is a good example, but we've managed it in London as well after calling the hotels ourselves. That might be your best bet.

Fimbo Sat 30-May-09 20:54:31

Thanks Hassled. I am finding that problem too. I want somewhere abroad, ideally Madeira but its proving impossible.

Fimbo Sat 30-May-09 20:55:26

Some of the rooms have 2 double beds but that is not really suitable when you have a large age gap and a ds and dd.

Sycamoretreeisvile Sat 30-May-09 20:58:51

We're off to the Princes Yaiza hotel in Lanzarote soon which has a two bed suite - one double one twin. Also sofa bed in lounge area...

Would not necessarily have chosen Lanzarote but we searched for the ideal hotel rather than ideal destination, if that makes sense?

Booked through Sovereign. smile

bellavita Sat 30-May-09 21:01:04

We had a junior suite at The Sheraton Algarve

The maids pulled out and made up the sofa bed in the living area for the ds's in the evening and put it away again the next morning. It worked really well for us.

Fantastic hotel and would recommend it to anyone.

Fimbo Sat 30-May-09 21:05:07

Thanks Bellavita - did you go to bed at the same time as your boys?

Sycamore - bingo that's exactly my thinking. Will go look yours up - thank you.

Sycamoretreeisvile Sat 30-May-09 21:10:53

Fimbo - link here

Princess Yaiza

I did quite a bit of research - good reviews on expedia.

bellavita Sat 30-May-09 21:12:04

Yep we did. Had drinks in bed whilst watching tv.

But, we didn't go to bed too early as we had something to eat out and then finished off with a drink sat outside in the bar/restaurant downstairs.

Sycamoretreeisvile Sat 30-May-09 21:12:27

We also looked at the Sheraton Algarve - looks fab. But somehow they couldn't quite make their rooms work for us as we have my mum with us as well, so 3 adults and two kids.

They have annoying demands on how many adults have to be in 2 bed suites in most hotels though...

blametheparents Sat 30-May-09 21:13:54

We went to a hotel on Costa de la Luz that had a 2 bedroom apartment with limited kitchen facilities.
An aparthotel, will check name if you want it.
Nice resort, great apartment, yet all facilities of hotel (inc indoor and outdoor swimming pools)

Waswondering Sat 30-May-09 21:14:18

In UK - Crieff Hydro and Hilton Aviemore both have these (though former is much better hotel).

Fimbo Sat 30-May-09 21:15:14

Jeez I was expecting to pay around the £4k mark but its £6,000 for when we want to go next Easter. Arrgh. Looks absolutely fab though Sycamore.

Sheraton Algarve looks good too but I really need single beds for my dc.

Fimbo Sat 30-May-09 21:16:41

Thanks Blame but I want a hotel.

Waswondering, thank you too but I am looking for somewhere abroad.

movingnow Sat 30-May-09 21:19:19

Loads in Austria eg I've stayed here and here and there's also this etc, etc, etc

ilove Sat 30-May-09 21:19:36

Hotel Porto, Porto, Portugal has connecting rooms with 2 double beds in each room. Had a lovely holiday there in 2004. It also has a 2 bedroom juior suite.

Fimbo Sat 30-May-09 21:20:40

My dh will love you movingnow - he wanted Austria and I said no because I wanted heat. Looks like he is winning.....

bellavita Sat 30-May-09 21:21:00

The Sheraton also have apartments on the complex which come under the name of Pine Cliffs. We met a few people by the pool who were in the apartments that had booked through a travel agent and they were more than happy with them.

They are timeshare apartments that you are renting though. Please don't be put off by this though.

have a look here

bellavita Sat 30-May-09 21:22:17

How old are your dc Fimbo?

Fimbo Sat 30-May-09 21:24:40

We have a Timeshare in Scotland.

DD will be 11 by Easter and ds 6. Dd is getting hormonal and teenagery already - sharing a bed with her brother is really not an option, although they have done it in the past

bellavita Sat 30-May-09 21:27:58

Ah, well that makes it a bit difficult then.

So, if you know all about timeshare, how about the apartments, assume it would not put you off?

Fimbo Sat 30-May-09 21:30:34

I sound really difficult and reading this back after all the help everyone has given I would certainly think so if I wasn't the OP but I really fancy not having to self cater. I have just come back from my first ever camping experience and think thats why!

bellavita Sat 30-May-09 21:35:02

Do you have any "getaways" through your exchange company that could come up with something?

Fimbo Sat 30-May-09 21:38:24

We have only recently bought it and are going for the first time this summer. We have not joined an exchange company yet. The company we bought it through do rent out weeks though, which I never thought about. Thanks Bella

bellavita Sat 30-May-09 21:43:56

I actually thought that the exchange company came with the timeshare as part of the package?

We are with Interval International - they do seem to have some nice splaces.

So, where are you exchanging your Scotland destination for?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now