Talk

Advanced search

Anyone been to Lykia World?

(16 Posts)
Tigerlion Sat 30-May-09 13:29:22

We are off there next week with two toddlers and I would love to hear of any tips that you may have re restaurants, activities etc.

Tigerlion Sun 31-May-09 10:00:09

BUMP!

copycat Sun 31-May-09 15:23:10

Hello Tigerlion
Yep we've been twice smile you'll have a wonderful time. There are three buffet restaurants one in the Village, one in the Residence and the Marina Restaurant on the beach (which isn't open for breakfast as far as I recall). There is also a small open air kids restaurant up at the Childrens Paradise area with limited selection of stop-gap mainly kiddie food which is just open at lunchtime. The speciality restaurants have to be booked and there is an extra charge. We have always used the buffet restaurants as it worked better for us with young children (no waiting to order food) and the choice is excellent and extensive at the buffet restaurants anyway. We tended to eat breakfast at the Village buffet which is upstairs and has wonderful views from the windows and lunch and dinner at the Marina but the Marina restaurant is quite a long way from the slides etc at Childrens Paradise and the walk back is steep. There is a land bus that will take you though.

Have you put Lykia in the search facility there have been lots of threads on Mumsnet about it and of course read the reviews on Tripadvisor

Tigerlion Mon 01-Jun-09 16:44:02

Thanks Copycat. They say there is a Kid's Club from 7.30-10.30 so that parents can enjoy a meal alone. Did you have that when you were there? Also I think we can eat from an a la Carte restaurant once in our time there at no extra charge.

How were the kids' clubs during the day? How far is it to walk into town from there? Was the food decent?

copycat Mon 01-Jun-09 17:31:12

Food is wonderful. Didn't use the kids club the second time we went but first time it was great - very varied and the staff were excellent. There is a shallow pool in the kids clubhouse and we used that the first time we went as DS2 was only 2. DS1 (5 at the time) went to the kids club several times and was happy there but I don't think we used it in the evening except when they were showing a film he wanted to see. Actually just remembered when we went last time (DSs were 11 and 8) they did go to do archery with kids club which they enjoyed.

Lykia is up a steep hill away from Olu Deniz. We took a taxi each way when the children were small (too far for them to walk). It is quite a way if I recall so you might prefer to walk there and return by bus or taxi.

Have a great time. We are lucky enough to trael frequently and Lykia is the only place we have ever returned to ... and I would go again (do you need a guide??)

kylesmyloveheart Mon 08-Jun-09 22:17:35

we are going end of august paid for by my tesco clubcard points .. cant wait now!!!!

Tigerlion Mon 15-Jun-09 15:47:59

Just got back from Lykia World and absolutely adored it. The rooms were so clean and the four of us were absolutely fine sleeping in the family bedroom.

The food was incredible and we are fussy eaters so that is saying alot. Children's Paradise was better than any aqua park that we know and the children loved it. There really is something for everyone there. The shows and evening entertainment were very professionally done. Only quibble I have is about the very expensive prices of everything in the resort shops. I ended up going into Olu Denis to stock up on fruit juices, biscuits etc for the children.

Very jealous of you Kylesmyloveheart! Wish I was going back in August!

alibo Mon 15-Jun-09 19:12:49

Have heard other good reports about lykia world; which is the cheapest way to book, package or separate flights/hotel etc? I am also a bit bewildred at the huge choice of room types there!? Only bad reports i have heard are about some of the cheaper rooms, garden or village cannot remember now? Excuse slight thread hijack! wink

couture1 Tue 16-Jun-09 11:29:49

Would love to go to Lykia world but its not cheap is it? Can anyone advise on the best way to book. Very envy of the people who have booked using their tesco points. How long did that take to save enough to go to Lykia world - its not a cheap holiday.

Any tips for a young family very welcome.

Thanks

copycat Tue 16-Jun-09 20:37:42

alibo it's the 'Garden rooms' in the Village section that get bad reviews. They are small and dark and do not have a balcony or patio IIRC.

copycat Tue 16-Jun-09 20:38:44

oops sorry meant to say that I'm glad that you had a great time Tigerlion smile

Tigerlion Tue 16-Jun-09 23:11:31

Funnily enough we had a garden room in the L section (cheapest rooms available) and we had a good large balcony with table and chairs. The room had a large double bed and a sofa bed and between the 4 of us (DS: 3 and DD: 2) we slept very well. The room was large and there was loads of storage space for suitcases/ clothes etc. Satellite TV as well.
I shopped around and booked with a really great guy called Craig at The Internet Traveller (Google them). We paid £1800 for the 4 of us including flights, transfers, room and Full Board Plus (drinks included with meals). The other companies who were offering exactly the same package were at least £400 more. Plus our flights were at 12.15 and 19.20 so decent times as opposed to some of the companies who were offering 5am departures from the Uk and 3am departures from Turkey. Wouldn't like to do that with two toddlers!
I had looked at Club Med where we had been before but a week was £2400 plus and in my opinion, Lykia World was far better.

Tigerlion Tue 16-Jun-09 23:13:56

Forgot to say we were in the village section on the 3rd floor but no problem leaving pushchair at bottom of stairs. The residence section is far more expensive but more geared towards couples. The baby club had a fridge full of milk, water, juice and sterilisers, blenders etc that can be used 24 hours.

alibo Sun 21-Jun-09 19:08:20

thanks, which rooms are the "next" level up from the garden rooms in the village then? thanks for tips!

kylesmybaby Mon 03-Aug-09 00:13:42

yes we cant wait!!

i think there are some rooms that have neither a balcony or patio - more like a flat. these are said to bwe horrid.

yes we paid (well tesco did) £2100 for two of us. booked it last year and that was a fantastic price for august.

kylesmybaby Fri 14-Aug-09 13:58:59

has anyone else just got back. we are off next friday and have couple of questions. thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now