Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

cala galdana, menorca

(10 Posts)
sarahpea Thu 28-May-09 17:22:13

has anyone been here? thinkin of stayin at the confortel anabel but concerned re trek to beach down a steep hill?!!

listenglisten Thu 28-May-09 17:29:38

Didn't stay at Cala Galdana but this was the beach we used to visit a lot as it was really nice.

Sorry, the name of the place we stayed at escapes me for now as it was quite a few years ago.

Menorca is lovely though and great for a family holiday.

everlong Thu 28-May-09 19:21:12

It's really lovely. I havn't stayed there but did visit it whilst we were at --hell hole-- C'alan Forcat.

We would drive there and wish we didn't have to go back! It's very pretty and has a good beach.

HappyHome Sat 06-Jun-09 09:29:35

Hi, just got back from Cala Galdana last night!!!
We love it there and have been twice now. The Anabel is at the top of a hill but unless you have very small children or walking difficulties it shouldn't be too much of a problem. We have looked around the island and in my opinion Cala Galdana is one of the nicest resorts by far. The bay is stunning with crystal clear sea and white sand beach.
There are other apartments/hotels in the resort that are closer to the beach/at the bottom of the hill - maybe they might be a better option?

Bucharest Sat 06-Jun-09 09:44:21

I've been twice too, and it's one of my favourite places in the world!

The Cala Galdana Hotel itself is at the bottom of the hill and very geared up to families.

The hill isn't a moutain or anything....it's not too bad.

Can I come?

Fimbo Sat 06-Jun-09 09:59:48

Cala Galdana is fab. We too stayed at Calan'forcat (Blackpool in the sun anyone?). We hired a car and spent most of our days at Cala Galdana and only going back to "Blackpool" to sleep.

There is a luxury hotel there called Audax, I dream of staying in it one day.

Bucharest Sat 06-Jun-09 10:01:47

Oh yes, me too grin

mumtoaprincess Sat 06-Jun-09 18:12:08

Just got back from The Audax at Cala Galdana. Fabulous.

coolma Sun 07-Jun-09 20:36:04

We're on the verge of booking at Cala N Blanes - vista blanes appts. Any opinions? never been to menorca but it does look ok..

sarahpea Mon 08-Jun-09 09:25:44

got back saturday, the hill was a killer with a toddler in a pushchair laden with beach equipment! she usually wants to walk everywhere but not here!! stayed half board and food was awful, last year we stayed at the Aquamarina in Arenal D'Castell, we wished we had gone back there now - never mind you have to experience these things! savin now to goto Arenal next year!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now