Talk

Advanced search

Anyone been to Holiday Village Turkey??

(9 Posts)
Hammy01 Wed 27-May-09 11:14:30

Hi there,

We're due to fly out on 13th June this year (me, DH, 1 yr old, 2.5 yr old, 5 yr old and MIL) and I think we get to resort about 10 at night.
My question is: with 3 little ones I want to make sure we have water when we arrive, will we be able to go to bar and get water or would there be any in our room? DH keeps going on about getting it at airport but I've seen so many horror stories of overcharging at Turkey airport I'm a bit loathe to!
Also if you have been to HV, was it good? Read a lot of conflicting reports and am a bit worried! Not that we can cancel now but forewarned is forearmed!! grin
TIA!!

Hammy01 Wed 27-May-09 13:16:11

Anyone??!!
O dear...this does not bode well grin

ilovepeppapig Wed 27-May-09 13:50:10

i nearly booked a week in august so am interested to know what it is like. It looks lovely on internet but like you read mixed reviews.

Hammy01 Wed 27-May-09 15:50:01

I know ILPP... it looks great but definately mixed reviews!

cherryapple Wed 27-May-09 16:53:33

We aren't going there but are off to Hotel Lara next week in Antalya Turkey cant wait it has great reviews so I hope it's good.we are going with my inlaws and our 3 year old.

nicolasmum Thu 28-May-09 20:52:47

You'll be able to get water from the bar or buy some from off the plane, they do bottled water. Or buy a bottle from the airport in England. We travel to Turkey a lot, as daughter is married to a Turk and lives there. We fly to Dalaman alot and that is a rip off, we always take our own. Was talk of Turkish airport stopping you taking drinks through after check in but as far as we know it hasn't started yet.

yorkiemom Fri 29-May-09 08:19:36

A friend of mine went last summer hols with her 9 yr dd. She siad it was great, very secure, loads for the kids, and even though it was the six weeks hols she said it was'nt to cramped as a massive resort.

Wishing you a lovely time xx

kylesmyloveheart Mon 08-Jun-09 22:21:47

we have been twice. they will keep the restaurant open for you to get something to eat when you arrive. there is also cold bottled water in the fridge in your room.

relax everyone will be the same position.

any questions just ask.

KiwiKat Mon 08-Jun-09 22:25:26

Been to three different resorts in Turkey and each time had an amazing holiday. Great weather, friendly people, they love kids and make families welcome, terrific food - what's not to like! Have a wonderful time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now