Talk

Advanced search

Car seats and planes!!

(6 Posts)
yarrow5 Tue 12-May-09 21:31:53

I'm going on holiday to turkey with my 13 month old ds and will be transferring by taxi when we get there. they don't have any laws about car seats but i'm nervous about not using one. there are some crazy drivers over there!! does anyone know it it is possible to take car seats over there. we're flying with BA!

yarrow5 Wed 13-May-09 20:06:04

bump

mumoverseas Thu 14-May-09 12:02:10

most airlines let you take a car seat or buggy in addition to your normal checked baggage allowance. I'm sure if you check on your website it will all be set out there.
we flew BA last year to the states and were able to take car seat and buggy but we were business class so maybe we were allowed both. You can definitely take at least one with you.
We bought a 'sit 'n stroll' which is a car seat with a handle that pulls out of the top and wheels that slide out from underneath and it is fab for travelling. Maybe consider one of these?

yarrow5 Thu 14-May-09 19:23:05

thanks! i've checked their website but couln't find anything. i'll look again! the sit 'n stroll sounds good tho. i'll look it up!

andiem Thu 14-May-09 19:24:30

I took my car seat with me when I flew BA and checked it in I bought a heavy duty waterproof bag for it to make sure it didn't get wet

Leanne1975 Sat 20-Jun-09 14:14:34

Hi, The good transfer companies in Turkey (at least where our apartment is located) will provide a car seat for children on demand, just request it when you book with them.
w: www.akbukholidays.com

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now