Talk

Advanced search

Benalmadena Holiday Village, Spain - has anyone been?

(5 Posts)
pepsi Mon 16-Feb-09 17:09:50

We have just booked so lets hope comments are good! We havent been on this type of holiday before with our children who will be 9 and 7 then, we have chosen it because all they want to do on holiday is play the pool, dig sand on the beach or paddle - I know its going to be pretty busy and the food will be very samey, but if anyone has on advice on tips for best way to enjoy an all inclusive hol there it would be handy to have. Thanks.

pepsi Mon 23-Feb-09 13:47:42

No replies yet so thought Id give it another go.

smurfette15 Mon 23-Feb-09 14:06:39

We went last year with DS (8yo) and DD (2yo) and loved it! Food wasn't too samey and they tried hard to vary it a bit. But there was always something for everyone.

The pools are brilliant and have decent sized shallow areas which is great if you have a toddler. We hardly saw DS as the kids club is fantastic and free so you'll have plenty of opportunity to chill out. However, there is a charge for the under 3s creche which isn't obvious at 1st. Also, don't bother taking inflatables or balls for the pool as they're not allowed (Spanish rules, apparently, not the resorts).

The accomodation was on the small side but spotlessly clean.

Overall, we had a fabulous time there and wouldn't hesitate to go back grin. Hope you have a great time.

pepsi Sat 18-Jul-09 20:58:12

Our trip is coming up soon but recently I have read very bad repots about this holiday village, ie, dirty rooms, thefts. Has anyone been in the last few weeks?

pauamcg Wed 22-Jul-09 22:34:29

Hi Pepsi

Hopefully I haven't missed you before your holiday. We returned from the Holiday Village on Sunday and just to put your mind at rest we had a great time.

The rooms were fine, much bigger than what I was expecting and I didn't think they were dirty.

The pools at the Hotel and at the Beach Club were excellent. I couldn't believe how many different pools there was. The only downside when we were there was that the 'famous' Pirate ship was closed for most of our holiday for repair, but it did open on our last day, so hopefully that won't be a problem for you.

The food was also very nice - always a varied selection. There are queues, especially at Dinner time. There are two sittings. 6.30 - 7.30 & 8-9. Originally we were put on the later sitting, but I asked to be moved to the earlier sitting which they did without a fuss. If you go just after 7pm, the queues weren't too bad.

The Kids Clubs were fab - My DS (5) had an absolute ball. We were only there for 1 week and he managed to do 12 sessions at Mini Stars - He loved it !! The kids Reps & all the other Entertainment staff were great & worked so hard to ensure that everyone had a good time. My only grumble about the entertainment was that the Adult entertainment in the evening was a bit cheesy !

I could go on ,so if you have any questions please feel free to ask !

Hope you have a great holiday

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now