Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Santorini - stupid question!

(8 Posts)
TooMuchMakkaPakka Sun 11-Jan-09 13:32:39

Can a nearly 3 year old and 10 month old play on the black sand at Perissa or will it be too hot / black / shingly?
Would Thasos be better?
Or Corsica?
Very confused...

pralinegirl Mon 12-Jan-09 20:28:19

Not so stupid actually, we've been - black sand is really really hot and not very nice to touch. Our beach had wooden walkways to water which you really needed. This was in June. Also I didn't like seeing no trees. Views from volcano side fantastic but babes won't appreciate that. How about skiathos or kefalonia?

tattycoram Mon 12-Jan-09 20:29:52

I agree, black sand isn't very nice. Kefalonia is lovely. I think the beaches might have been pebbly tho, can't remember, went years ago

pralinegirl Mon 12-Jan-09 20:32:18

Skiathos had better beaches than Kefa and nicer sea for swimming. Skiathos town lovely to wander round.How about a villa?

samanthar Tue 13-Jan-09 18:26:58

South Corsica is amazing not in July August though
Beaches are like Barbados
Have alook at St Guilia

samanthar Tue 13-Jan-09 18:28:02

http://www.holidaywatchdog.com/16188-SantaGiulia-Santa_Giulia_PalaceHotel-Holiday-Review.html

w e stayed here

JuliaL Tue 13-Jan-09 19:11:04

Thassos is absolutely wonderful IMO (and I've travelled all over Greece). Great choice with little ones, as so compact for getting around. Try www.rainbow-rooms.gr. Great location, stones throw from wonderful beach and lovely looking apartments with young children's playground.

Leslaki Tue 13-Jan-09 20:52:41

Can rec the suggestion for Skiathos - worked there and it's fab! or Skopelos. But both may be busier this year cos of mama Mia. If you really want to do Santorini go to Crete (loads of child friendly resorts) and do the day trip - lng ferry tho!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now