Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

lapland - advise on clothing please

(5 Posts)
myermay Sun 02-Nov-08 17:17:43

a quick question for anyone whose been to lapland or similar at christmas time. How many layers did you put on your kids?? Did you bother buying thermals or did you just put pj's or tights on them. I understand that we are given snow suits but was unsure how many extra layers to pack. thank alot

maximum4 Sun 02-Nov-08 19:46:50

We went last year in December and I layered everyone up in thermals etc (all 4 kids and dh!) and we roasted! The kids took their hats and gloves off and although it was cold, it really was not as cold as I thought it would be! I managed to get all our thermal stuff in Lidl quite cheaply! Have a fantastic time - we did!envy

myermay Mon 03-Nov-08 14:15:42

thank you - that's what i'm worried about putting too much on then as they hate being too hot!

Do you think thermals, long sleeve tshirt plus fleece and jeans will be enough under those suits? 2 pairs of socks?

DadInsteadofMum Tue 04-Nov-08 02:39:17

The weather can vary greatly, having now been twice (too big an age gap in the kids) we have been there when it has been -20 and about 0.

The secret is lots of thin layers and then you can take on and off kids as necessary (on and a daysac to put all the spare layers in as the kids heat up during the day).

The suits they give you are very warm, however do not where PJs or just tights as trousers you will want to take the suits off when you go in for meals or you will melt. Also I would not wear jeans as they can be a bit bulky under the suits, something thinner might be better.

For when it is really cold they will hand out innner and outer gloves and inner and outer hats so you probably only need yours for about 10 minutes - the walk to and from the airplane of arrival, and the walk to and from the coach on arrival/departure at the hotel.

It's a fantastic trip - enjoy.

myermay Tue 04-Nov-08 13:29:02

thank you that really helps

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now