Talk

Advanced search

Anyone been to Camping Del Garda?

(14 Posts)
notyummy Mon 27-Oct-08 22:15:04

Looking at potentially booking for next year this week whilst all the discounts are still about!

We will be having a mobile home and will be with dd (3 by then). Going at the end of August/early Sep just as the schools go back.

Is it noisy? Walking distance to nice town? (claims it is ...but you never know!) Nice restaurant/take away? Good playground/kids pool? Any good ideas for days out?

Don't ask for much do I?

TIA!

notyummy Tue 28-Oct-08 09:15:29

bump

notyummy Tue 28-Oct-08 10:25:10

Helloooo!

I'll keep trying...

fatzak Tue 28-Oct-08 10:31:55

We haven't stayed on that site but have been to Lake Garda a few times. Peschiera is a nice little town and has the only station on the lake with really good links to Venice/Verona for days out. You'll not be far away from Sirmione and Lazise which are two lovely towns - we stayed just outside Lazise last year and loved it. Most of the campsites are situated on the roads into the towns and at times, especially Saturdays when people are arriving and leaving, they can be jam packed!

There's loads to do in the area. Gardaland, the theme park is not far, as is Canavaworld, a waterpark.

notyummy Tue 28-Oct-08 10:47:12

Thanks fatzak.

notyummy Tue 28-Oct-08 17:11:06

bump for the evening crew

georgiemum Tue 28-Oct-08 17:13:05

Riva is a pretty little town. Garda is nice and you can take a trip to the Dolomites. I think we stayed just outside Sirmione.

notyummy Tue 28-Oct-08 20:27:48

Thanks, these are handy! Anyone been to the Camping del Garda site??

Skramble Thu 30-Oct-08 23:00:04

Movieland is great too, we went to the medieval jousting feast thing there too and kids loved it.

Skramble Thu 30-Oct-08 23:07:47

If you like this parc look at the sites own website and see if it is cheaper booking one of their own caravans or bungalows.

Camping del garda

Skramble Thu 30-Oct-08 23:11:21

We stayed the other side of peshieri, not walking distance, but I think your one is.

Sirmione is worth a visit, but parking is restricted you park off the island and walk in can be a little trek, but it is gorgeous, lovely after dark, and everyone parades around the streets.

notyummy Fri 31-Oct-08 12:08:53

Thanks Skramble

PeaMcLean Sat 01-Nov-08 22:06:07

I've stayed at Del Garda. smile

10 minutes walk into town. Didn't try the restaurant on site but town's so close we didn't bother. Playgrounds weren't great, but adequate for the occasional play. I didn't go in the pool - you need a swim hat.

spub Mon 03-Nov-08 08:02:42

We stayed at Camping Piantelle this year with Eurocamp. At bottom end of Garda near Desansano sorry, not spelled correctly). I can fill in some more details later if you want 'em?
Liked it and so did the kids.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now