Talk

Advanced search

Flights to Palma Majorca in July- Easyjet?

(9 Posts)
Elvis Thu 23-Oct-08 18:35:36

Our family of 5 need flights at the beginning of the summer holidays. I'm new to booking cheap family flights. We're flying from London.

We could book flights now on a standard airlind for £1000. Easyjet flights aren't available to book yet.

Would we end up paying the same on Easyjet as we're travelling at peak time? Anyone know when the Easyjet flights become available to book?

All advice welcome!

captainofthemummies Thu 23-Oct-08 18:38:13

Doesn;t it say on the site when the easyjet flight timetable is renewed? We flew to alicante in the summer and easyjet were fine, the only thing I worried about was the 'first come first on' policy, as I was flying alone with 3 kids and wanted (obviously) to sit together. We checked in the night before so as to be in group A - first group on the plane.

Elvis Thu 23-Oct-08 18:39:35

How much did you end up paying for your flights- if you don't mind me asking...

captainofthemummies Thu 23-Oct-08 18:44:35

I can't remember but we were only one-way anyway (went to barcelona then cologne then Amsterdam grin) However my firend has flown to alicante today and she couldn't book (in Feb) for this halfterm until about 3 months ago. She paid about £1000 for the 4 of them, return. Not as cheap as you'd think.

Try comparing prices for say christmas week. that's high season i think.

captainofthemummies Thu 23-Oct-08 18:45:22

what other airline have you got prices for? Please don't say Ryan Air?

MeMySonAndI Thu 23-Oct-08 18:48:52

Register in Easy Jet/RyanAir/Jet 2/ThomsonFlights' mailing list, and then book the trip as soon as they release the offers (We have never paid more than 150 pp during the high season. Now we normally buy the tickets about 4 months in advance (earlier than that and they are normally more expensive) Another good place to visit is the Flight Comparisor of the Money Expert (don't know the addres but you will find it if you google it )

Elvis Thu 23-Oct-08 18:49:18

No, other prices were from BA or Iberia. I think they might be cheaper in th elong run.

Maveta Thu 23-Oct-08 18:55:37

Of course it´s a bit of a gamble but i would be really surprised if it cost you 200quid pp if you book as far in advance as you can (normally 3 mths for easyjet iirc)

mumto2andnomore Sun 26-Oct-08 20:07:41

bmi baby fly to Majorca from Heathrow and their flights are out now for next summer

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now