Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Keycamp/Eurocamp/Canvas Sites - Which one is your favourite - and why?

(7 Posts)
PortofinoPumpkin Mon 13-Oct-08 18:32:07

We booked to go to St Avit Loisirs in the Dordogne this year but had to cancel. I notice they have a special offer if you book up by the end of the month so thought I might have another go. Main criteria is near beach and/or pool complex. And kids clubs for a 5 year old (English or French speaking) as dd gets fed up with her aged parents and has expressly asked to go somewhere with a kid's club next year...Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Orinoco Mon 13-Oct-08 18:57:57

Message withdrawn

PortofinoPumpkin Mon 13-Oct-08 20:23:26

Anyone else?

purpleduck Mon 13-Oct-08 20:54:56

We love something something....<<<memory escapes emoticon>>> at Berny Riviere in France....gorgeous, and only an hour from Paris (has a pool complex, and a lake with a beach). They do buses to Eurodisney

Purpleduck is refering to Camping la Croix du Vieux Pont (campiste's own website) Open most of the year, very clean and neat campsite. Children's clubs (well for Canvas anyway) only seem to run in early season.

sunnygirl1412 Fri 17-Oct-08 15:58:31

We've been twice with Keycamp, once to Les Biches, St Hilaire-de-Riez in the Vendee, and this year to Domaine de la Noguiere, on the Cote D'Azur.

We had a great time at both sites - the Vendee one was more set up for English families as la Noguiere is new to Keycamp this year and is a Dutch run site.

Both had great pools, which the boys loved, though the weather wasn't great in the Vendee last year, so we weren't able to make as much use of the pool as we did this year.

As mine are older, I can't really comment on the activities for smaller children, but mine had a great time. No2 really enjoyed going scuba diving in the Med (a trip organised by the site) - as did I - it was a wonderful experience for both of us.

I thought that the accomodation is good, though a bit cramped for a family with older children if the weather is poor and you end up spending more time in the van. This year we had wonderful weather and decking outside the van - which effectively doubled the living space.

We liked it so much that we'll be booking again for next year.

overthemill Fri 17-Oct-08 16:01:45

le jard at tranche sur mer in the vendee

st laurence in foret fouisnant, brittany

all the companies do these 2.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now