Talk

Advanced search

krakow with dh

(4 Posts)
marmon Sat 04-Oct-08 19:25:40

I am thinking of visiting Krakow in Poland with DH for our wedding anniversary in December. Just wondered if anyone else had been and can recommend somewhere to stay. Plus did you fly or take the train. Thanks

nightcat Tue 07-Oct-08 21:36:28

it's a long way by train, esp in the winter.., best to fly with easyjet or ryanair
cheapish stay at Campanile hotel, very central, but eat out

AussieLou Wed 08-Oct-08 13:14:15

Ooh I loved Krakow.
I stayed in a hostel so I am guessing that is not quite the accomodation you are after.
Things to do:
Go to the salt mines
Go to Auschwitz
Go to the wawel castle
Wander through the main square
Drink some bison grass vodka and apple juice (tastes like an apple pie)
Look in the big church in the main square. Cant remember the name but it is amazing inside.
Buy some amber earrings

Oh yeah I flew with.....BA I think. Mainly because I had a voucher. There is a train from the airport to the centre of town which is really cheap and easy and you can see the coutryside.

Hope that helps and have a great time!

Leslaki Thu 09-Oct-08 18:44:23

Krakow is fab - we flew Easyjet and it was really cheap to get a taxi from the airport. Our hotel wasn't the world's best but it was fine - lots of nice hotels around tho. Eating out is EXCELLENT - we were stunned at how good it was. I'd book a hotel as central as possible. Auschwitz is a must - glad I went. We missed the salt mines tho so will need to go back one day!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now