Talk

Advanced search

Villa in the Italian Lakes - know NOTHING about them!

(6 Posts)
itchybird Sat 04-Oct-08 17:01:42

A friend of mine has suggested we get villa in Italian lakes for 3 couples, 6 kids aged 8,6,5,3,2,1 (eek!)

I know nothing about the Italian Lakes, names of places, what it's like...any ideas? suggestions?

Is this a crazy idea?

mumtoaprincess Sat 04-Oct-08 17:29:39

Also considered going back to Italian Lakes next year. We last went there pre-children and would love to return. Whilst it is lovely in the Italian Lakes, I was a little concerned about the temperamental weather so have chosen the mediterranean instead. We will go back there when my child is a little bit older, possibly about 8 years old.

Make sure that you find somewhere to stay that has lots of things for your children to do when the weather is bad. Otherwise, you may find that you are all cooped up in your villa.

LIZS Sat 04-Oct-08 17:40:21

There are several from Garda (handy for Verona) to Lugano, Maggiore and Como near the Swiss border(close to Milan). Great climate but can be stormy. The more northerly ones are bordered by the mountains and less commercial than Garda is more so which has a theme park close by. Not done villas so can't really recommend but try Interhome for ideas.

itchybird Sat 04-Oct-08 17:49:21

ahh, is good weather not guarenteed then? I'm a major sunbather and like it hot, hot, hot...maybe Italy isn't place to go...

maybe we'd be better in majorca...

bellabelly Sat 04-Oct-08 17:55:50

Lake Maggiore is lovely - you can do little boat trips to the islands on the lake. Stresa is fab. If you are going in summer, I think weather would be great!

mumtoaprincess Sat 04-Oct-08 21:46:47

Even in Summer, the weather can be rainy / stormy although it will still be warm. We went in July and had impressive thunderstorms and rain.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now