Advanced search

Does anyone know if we still need an - is it E11 form - for travelling to Sardinia

(17 Posts)
2sugars Sat 04-Oct-08 09:23:55

From someone whose last trip was to South Africa, ten years ago, pregnant with dd1?

God, I sound like my mum!

2sugars Sat 04-Oct-08 09:28:12

Anyone? Our PO is only open this am

tiredemma Sat 04-Oct-08 09:29:31

no such form anymore, you need an EHIC card (think its that but the PO will tell you)

herbietea Sat 04-Oct-08 09:30:08

Message withdrawn

ClosedForCleaning Sat 04-Oct-08 09:34:16

EHIC - online application 7 days.

(you won't forget to have insurance as well though will you?)

Have a lovely time.

2sugars Sun 05-Oct-08 07:18:31

Well, that's us stuffed then. We're going in less than a week hmm.

No opportunity for fast-tracking, it seems.

JODIEhadababy Sun 05-Oct-08 07:21:00

I would do it on line anyway, just in case. I just 'ordered' one for DS2 and it came in a couple of days... OR call them tomorrow

LIZS Sun 05-Oct-08 14:14:39

As long as you have applied and have a ref number you can call the helpline number from abroad if you need to and be covered . If you apply online today you may yet get the cards themselves in time.

WendyWeber Sun 05-Oct-08 14:32:43

You'll be OK even if it doesn't arrive in time, 2sugars - DS2 was going on a school trip last month & we couldn't find his EHIC card; I rang the place that issues them & she said it wasn't a problem, if he did need treatment he just needed to ring this number:

0044 191 2181 999

& quote his NHS number - which is his EHIC ID, for an adult it would be your Nat Ins number.

So if you keep that phone no. & your NHS/NI numbers with your passports, you'll be fine smile

Rubyrubyruby Sun 05-Oct-08 14:35:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

2sugars Tue 07-Oct-08 06:11:13

You lot are so lovely. I've been feeling so overwhelmed by our first foreign holiday (apart from two days in France) and everything seems unsurmmountable.

WW, will call that number today and just see if they can fastrack me.

WendyWeber Tue 07-Oct-08 11:59:03

Oh that number is just if you need treatment when you're abroad, 2sugars - for enquiries you need to ring 0845 605 0707 smile

PortAndLemon Tue 07-Oct-08 12:00:12

Ours have always arrived within two or three days.

WendyWeber Tue 07-Oct-08 12:01:19

And this is the official NHS link for applications - the other one earlier on the thread wants you to pay £9.95 if I read it right shock

PortAndLemon Tue 07-Oct-08 12:05:39

shock at idea of charging 9.95 for online check and send. There are only about ten questions, and most of those are your name, DOB and address.

Blu Tue 07-Oct-08 12:09:31

You need insurance, too - imho.

EHIC won't cover you being flown home or any of the other astronomical costs that can ensue should one of you have an accident or become ill.

LaTourEiffel Tue 07-Oct-08 13:38:53

I love you lot too. Going on holiday on the 18th all a bit of a last minute decision, got DS' passport through on Thursday just gone in 10 days using PO check and send (with all sorts of queries as I'm still travelling in my maiden name) AND they wrote to my friend to request a letter back asking her how she knew me (she's a policewoman, so signed my photos).

Completely forgot about the whole E111 thing so just rang the number on here, said they could do it over the phone really quickly, asked for my details as they copy those over for a child, and found mine expired last month! OOps! Which means that DH's would have too and they even let me order DH's.

Oh, and have now sorted travel insurance and car parking too.

Anything else? Please say I haven't forgotten anything!

(If anyone says we need jabs for Portugal I'll cry!!! grin hmm!)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: