Talk

Advanced search

Weather in Fuerteventura in early October?

(6 Posts)
chummymummy Thu 02-Oct-08 09:42:19

Hi, We (DH,me, DS, and DD) are going away for 2 wks to Fuerteventura next week. I am going crazy with the packing, as the weather looks like it will be warm but i have been told that it gets very windy. Has anybody been at this time of year, and what would you advise?

Incidentally, we are going to the Oasis Papagayo complex in Corallejo.If anybody has been, i wolud appreciate your views, hints, tips etc...

grendel Thu 02-Oct-08 12:06:27

Went to Fuerteventura several years ago - but it was in February. However even in Feb it was HOT and easy to get sunburnt. I would take shorts and T shirts plus plenty of light-weight long sleeve tops/trousers to protect from sun if you're out and about. And lots of sun-cream.

And yes it was windy - every day! There is a reason why it is so popular for kite-surfing and wind-surfing.
Not much to do there apart from beach (and kite-surfing). Worth taking a day trip across to Lanzarote for a bit of variety.

Stars are fantastic at night.

chummymummy Thu 02-Oct-08 13:08:37

Thanks, we aren't planning to do much except laze about and let the kiddies enjoy themselves. I have packed lots of lightweight clothing, hats etc. Not sure whether to take jackets and warmer clothing for the evenings. Probably will, knowing me.

Were pools /sea warm enough for a dip in feb?

herbietea Fri 03-Oct-08 10:46:29

Message withdrawn

carrielou2007 Wed 08-Oct-08 21:11:21

You will have a fabbi time, my dd is 20 months and we have taken her to Lanzarote and Feut 5 times. We chose it as we know it will never be too blazing hot for her as it is very windy. Last went in August, going again in Novemember, will still be hot hot hot.

Take lots of suncream, you don't realise how much you tan in the wind. Lovely in the day, this time of year it is pretty cloudy/overcast until about 11ish then it is fab, take cardi's for evenings though as bit chilly. We found bit too chilly or pool and sea unless pool is heated.

Let me know how you get on as we are going to Riu Olivia Beach in Corre and not been to Corre before.

Enjoy the polish Bee Gees tribute band and the snake man!!! Have a lovely time!!

FabioTheCat Wed 08-Oct-08 21:15:18

We used to go to somewhere fairly near Fuerteventura every October. Haven't been for a while, but I doubt the weather has changed that much grin

Tis warm. Not roasting, boiling, 'orrible hot, but nice and warm, you may need a cardigan in the evenings, but you should be okay in shorts and tee shirts during the day.

The locals find it cool, and you can spot them because they all dress like this but for us brits, it is warm.

It might rain though, they don't get much rain, but what they do get seems to be this time of year.

You will have a fab time, we went back year after year for ages.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: