Talk

Advanced search

Florence Hotels with a baby

(5 Posts)
evie2000 Wed 24-Sep-08 12:02:16

Hi, we're planning on a 5 day trip to florence in Nov/Dec and will have our 9 month old baby with us. We want to find a very central hotel which is baby friendly (babysitters, puree perhaps - that kind of thing) Does anyone have any good suggestions. thanks so much in advance.

Bucharest Wed 24-Sep-08 12:07:31

Hi there, I don't know any hotels in Florence, but rest assured everywhere in Italy will be baby friendly! (an author once said if they were to come back to this world again they wanted to be an Italian baby next time round)
You will find that they don't really go the puree route though- they will prepare you what they call "pastina" (tiny pieces of pasta which is cooked with a veg stock, bit of parmesan added etc)
If you wanted to take your own jars, that might be an idea for you. Ready made baby purees aren't that common over here (although you can find them in the supermarkets they tend to be just -say- chicken puree- and you have to add the veg and pasta or rice.
HTH

evie2000 Wed 24-Sep-08 13:13:24

Bucharest - all really helpful thank you and I think Pastina sounds perfect for the little chap - by that stage he'll be into that I'm sure and as you say I can always take jars for when we need them.
Thank you again.

Bucharest Wed 24-Sep-08 13:42:11

Have a good holiday! (bring lots of nappies too- they cost a fortune here!!)xx

happysoandso Fri 26-Sep-08 14:20:01

evie2000 - i stayed at a really good location hotel called the brunchellisi - think it was 4* yet everything was within walking distance. this was a few years back now yet it was great at the time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now