Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Eurodisney - how much roughly do you need to allow for general spending?

(23 Posts)
bodiddly Wed 24-Sep-08 11:36:52

We are thinking of going to Eurodisney with ds (3.5) for 3 or 4 days next month and have been offered a deal with airmiles for £245.00. We can afford this but wondered whether all food and drinks etc are exorbitant. Did you end up spending £50-£100 a day on food, drink, souvenirs? Not sure how feasible it is if we have to spend a fortune!

LadyMuck Wed 24-Sep-08 11:40:30

It depends to what extent you want to economise - you can try to get to a supermarket and make your own rolls etc, drink only water, but as you're eating out for 3 or 4 days then yes you'll get through £50+ a day.

katz Wed 24-Sep-08 11:42:00

we bought the girls one thing on the last day when we went, they wer told if they nagged to go in the shop then no present!

food in the park was expensive, around 10 euros for a 'meal deal' for an adult and 5-7 euros for a child. We were self catering so took food in the children some days.

PrimulaVeris Wed 24-Sep-08 11:44:12

The food and drink side is not just exhorbitant, the food is vile, problem is ou have a captive audience.

We went there for 2 days in August, a macdonalds style burger and chips meal cost around £50 I recall. You'll probably end up having to buy at least one meal, but try to get as much picnic style stuff as you can. I recommend bringing stuff in from UK in your suitcase - apples, crisps, nibbles etc. And fill up a bottle of water in the hotel. Small bottle costs approx £2 each in park!!!!

LadyMuck Wed 24-Sep-08 11:48:27

There are plenty of free water fountains in the parks.

Where are you staying - we might be able to give you more specific directions!

bodiddly Wed 24-Sep-08 11:48:33

we would be staying at the Cheyenne so breakfast is included but it isn't self catering. I had a feeling it would be fairly costly for MacD type food. I guess we just need to do our sums and work out if we just bite the bullet. If it weren't for christmas then it wouldn't be a problem!

bodiddly Wed 24-Sep-08 11:49:48

The actual trip is cheap as our airmiles cover most of it - £245 for 4 nights, park entry to both parks, free shuttle, and eurostar seems too good to be true!

lemonlady Wed 24-Sep-08 11:52:09

Is there any way you can up grade to include food, we booked hotel with company and paid £13 per adult a day and 1/2 foor kids (round about that amount).
We booked charcater party for dd6 birthday and had to pay for it, we eneded up with spare vouchers so I asked one of the restuarants in the park could we use them to each lunch, they were great in the end, they converted it to euro's about 20 i think and we could have what we wanted and paid any extra that went over.
I think we only used one voucher and the other one next day.
I think you can order them from hotel directly and pay them.
Bit of a ramble sorry,

bodiddly Wed 24-Sep-08 11:52:15

our other worry is that because ds goes to bed soooo early ... that we will be stuck sitting in the dark in a hotel room every evening. Even if we manage to get him to have a sleep in the afternoon and stay up a bit - we are still going to be sitting there at 8pm in the dark!

lemonlady Wed 24-Sep-08 11:56:38

I think you will be in bed not long after him, with the early starts and non stop walking.
Think we were in bed at 9pm some nights,

bodiddly Wed 24-Sep-08 11:57:53

that is true! Dp can fall asleep anytime anywhere so he shouldnt have a problem!

bodiddly Wed 24-Sep-08 11:59:08

do you think a 3.7 year old is too young to walk around it all? and can they go on a lot of the rides?

hughjarssss Wed 24-Sep-08 12:00:55

£50 for one burger and chips??!!!!!!!!

Is that right?

PrimulaVeris Wed 24-Sep-08 12:02:14

It was for 4 burgs & chips meal combos but it filled only a quarter of each of our stomachs. In fact, my stomach felt like evicting it sharpish....

PrimulaVeris Wed 24-Sep-08 12:04:58

A 4yo will be able to go on a lot of rides, though not all ... but there's not just rides, there's the parades etc too. Not sure you'd fill 3 or 4 days at the park though with one that age. 1 or 2 days would be OK.

hughjarssss Wed 24-Sep-08 12:05:20

LOL!

I understand now.
I would be seriosly looking at taking my own food into the park.

bodiddly Wed 24-Sep-08 12:08:55

PrimulaVeris did you go to the studio park as well?

PrimulaVeris Wed 24-Sep-08 12:11:22

Yep, I dont like studio park as much - far less to do and more big rides.

But the motor stunt show in studio park is good, as is the tram tour. There is a new Nemo ride and Cars ride for younger ones but v long queues (mine were only interested in the Rock & Rollercoaster Feat. Aerosmith...)

bodiddly Wed 24-Sep-08 12:14:16

are there huge queues at all rides? i cant imagine ds being patient enough to wait hours for each ride!

bodiddly Wed 24-Sep-08 12:15:54

do you think 3 days is enough/too much to do both parks? the only reason we considered 4 nights was because they are doing a 4 for 3 deal but it does seem like a long time unless we hop on the train into paris for a day

PrimulaVeris Wed 24-Sep-08 12:31:47

The queues are large - BUT I've only ever been at peak school hols time.

If you are staying at a Disney hotel, ask about having breakfast IN THE PARK instead of at the hotel. This means you get first go on all the rides, before park opens to everyone else.

When you get your ticket, you can use it to get fastpasses on the really pop rides like Peter Pan.

I'm guessing youre going off peak so hopefully all will be well smile

I'd say 2 parks 2 days would be enough, but with such a good deal why not stick to the 3 days, you have 3rd day as park option OR go into Paris maybe?

katz Wed 24-Sep-08 12:38:55

we easierly filled 4 days when we went with our then 2 year old and 5 year old. They went on rides several times, its a small world must have been ridden at least 20 times!!!!

if the extra day is free go for it. we used day 4 as an extra day to do things in we had either loved or missed out before.

There is a hypermarket at the val de europe but not sure how easy that is to get to without a car. it was about a 5 min drive from the parks.

We spent a whole day in the studio park and the other 3 in the main park. Both DD's still talk about it loads, and thats a year on.

queues are not too bad, make sure you get fast passes for some rides and do use baby swap if you or dh want to go on rides the little one can't go on, it means you don't have to queue twice. We went with friends and the mums ould have the children whilst the men queued and then once they'd been on we'd go straight to the front of the queue and go on. rather usefully it tells you how the long the queue will be and we found these figures tended to be higher than they actually were.

mumto2andnomore Wed 24-Sep-08 13:32:17

Im always recommending it but you really need to go on the disboards (cant do links but google it )Loads of info there.

We have been a few times, the last time was at Easter when we stayed at the cheyenne. Yes the food is expensive but not that bad, you can get pizza, pasta etc fast food in the park but it is mainly chips, hot dogs, burgers etc. Take bits from breakfast to keep you going at lunchtime then you will only need to buy one meal a day, I even took sandwich bags this time ! Take snacks/drinks from home too to keep the costs down.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now