Talk

Advanced search

Disneyland Paris - please recommend a hotel?

(27 Posts)
happynewme Wed 17-Sep-08 17:55:34

Have no idea which to book! Any advice or suggestions??
Also, is it good to book half boar option?
Wild west show?
Anything else I should know?
Thanks

SqueakyPop Wed 17-Sep-08 18:00:24

We stayed at the Newport Beach Club when we were there - it was huuuuuuge!

funkybumps Wed 17-Sep-08 18:06:38

We stayed in hotel New York which was fab as this is one of the hotels which has daily visits from the characters and an ice rink right outside the hotel.

The first time we went for the cheaper end of the scale in the Santa Fe which was ok but this time it was much better !!

As for the shows, we didn't bother as there was so much to do in the park that we wouldn't have had the time but did look fun though.

islandofsodor Wed 17-Sep-08 18:08:56

We stayed at Newport which was lovely.

SugaryBits Wed 17-Sep-08 18:08:57

We have just got back from Disney. We stayed in the Dream Castle which was fine but not upto the 4* standards I expected. The breakfast was very good and the shuttle buses to Disney were fairly frequent but very busy. If I went again I would probably stay in the New York (or the other one can't remember which) as you can access them through Disney Villiage so no shuttle bus needed!

Slouchy Wed 17-Sep-08 18:15:53

We like New York, it is close enough to the action and does get characters there a lot.

Wild West show amazing! But vvvv noisy and the food they serve as part of the deal is crap.

LIZS Wed 17-Sep-08 18:28:29

Wild West show is fun but if your kids are small they may prefer just to catch the parade of animals and riders through the Disney Village at 6 pm rather than sit through it. We stayed off site this time at Marne La Vallee (Bussy St Georges) 2 stops on rer and less than 10 minutes drive away. Costs 8e to park for the day. The onsite hotels are vast(stayed previusuly at Sequoia Lodge and Newport Bay) and are a longer walk than from the station/car park to them (bus stop is between station/car park).

happynewme Wed 17-Sep-08 18:30:42

Looks like it might be New York then... so excited!

socialpariah Wed 17-Sep-08 18:52:31

I really liked the explorers which is cheap. There is also lots of different room sizes which is good if you have more than 2.4 like me.........

mumto2andnomore Wed 17-Sep-08 21:25:20

If you stay at one of the main disney hotels you can get in earlier than everyone else during the extra magic hours, when we went it was between 8 and 10am. The Disneyland hotel is fab and right at the entrance but only if money is no object ! Google the disboards for loads of info.

gingernutlover Sun 21-Sep-08 20:43:34

we stayed at davey crockett ranch which was a good budget option but altho its a disney hotel its not on site so you do need a car to go the 1 exit up the motorway to disney

a nice break from the parks tho, tranquil but with stuff to do

ChippyMinton Sun 21-Sep-08 20:45:24

Newport Bay. Get an upgrade to the Admiral's Floor so you can get room service breakfast and avoid the dining room scrum.

eandh Sun 21-Sep-08 20:46:17

We're off there tomorrow but going basic and staying at Santa Fe

pgwithnumber3 Sun 21-Sep-08 20:47:06

If you can afford it go for The DIsneyland Hotel, we stayed there a couple of years ago and with young children it was fantastic to be able to nip back to the hotel.

gemmiegoatlegs Sun 21-Sep-08 20:54:37

we stayedat the sequoia which was lovely, and never too far to walk to the parks. If I went again, I would like to try the Newport Bay although it is truly mahooosive. We thought the wild west show was crap and the food was awful. In fact at most of the restaurants the food was awful! The nicest food we had was at The Steakhouse. luckily we filled up at breakfast, the hot dogs and stuff weren't too beastly in the parks and the shop at the station sells the little necesseties that tide my kids from one meal to the next (kinder choc and babybels iirc!)

rearinganuglyhead Sun 21-Sep-08 20:55:43

new york! have done sequoia and newport but much preferred new york x

singyswife Sun 21-Sep-08 20:56:14

Happynewme, when are you going???? I am going there soon too, my dad is taking me for my 30th birthday, am dreading it though.

edam Sun 21-Sep-08 20:57:47

We're going at Hallowe'en. Bit worried by tales of breakfast scrum at the Newport Bay - is it really bad?

singyswife Sun 21-Sep-08 20:58:37

We are going the 20th and 21 October.

ChippyMinton Sun 21-Sep-08 21:08:50

I heard the rumours too singyswife, which is why we upgraded. It was cheap to do. You could order as much as you wanted, and only paid for the room service delivery - about £4/day, which was worth every penny. Mind you that was 3 years ago, so it may be different now.

singyswife Sun 21-Sep-08 21:10:25

It wasnt me who mentioned the stories of scrums. I actually dont know what that means.

ChippyMinton Sun 21-Sep-08 21:11:20

sorry, it was edam

PestoMonster Sun 21-Sep-08 21:13:16

We did the Newport Bay Club. It was large, but very bright and cheerful and fine. The only thing was a bit of a queue at breakfast. You can easily walk past the lake to the park in the morning and back again at the end of the day. Their swimming pool was nice too.

london Sun 21-Sep-08 22:07:28

We stayed at Dream Castle recently. I thought it was fine - and I'm quite fussy about hotels - easy to get to the parks on the shuttle bus and cheaper than the Disney hotels. And since the whole Disney experience is pretty fleecing anyway.....

edam Sun 21-Sep-08 22:28:22

Chippy, how do you upgrade? Is it something you can ask on arrival?

(singers, scrum as in rugby as in a whole load of people all trying to get breakfast at the same time - apparently a real problem.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now