Talk

Advanced search

Tuscany with a three year-old

(6 Posts)
Finty Sat 06-Sep-08 09:32:22

Hi,

Can anybody recommend a child-friendly place to stay in Tuscany which is not too far from Pisa and preferably on the coast. We will only be staying for a week, so want minimum hassle with transfers, if possible. Our budget is fairly flexible. We are looking for somewhere that is relaxed, with nice places to eat nearby.

Thanks for your help.

F

AbricotsSecs Sat 06-Sep-08 10:01:34

Message withdrawn

MadameCastafiore Sat 06-Sep-08 11:29:43

We have just come back from a lovely friendly place but it wasn't near the sea - people who owned it were lovely and the pool was salt water so much better for the little ones - you did have to drive out to eat but the people who owned the place cooked for us a couple of times, traditional tuscan meals and they offer a babysitting service.

I have to say it was the best hols I have been on and the accomodation was spotless which was a big thing for me.

If you want the web address let me know.

Finty Sun 07-Sep-08 09:43:19

Hi there

Thanks for your advice.

MadameCastafiore, please could you let me have the web address for the place you stayed?

Many thanks

F

MadameCastafiore Mon 08-Sep-08 09:47:33

her you go

selby Mon 08-Sep-08 21:27:46

We just got back from a week spent here with our 4 yr old and 19mth old. About 1/2 hr drive from Pisa airport and we did day trips to San Gimignano, Siena, Lucca, Pisa & Florence. Wouldn't recommend the latter 2 places with young children - still heaving with tourists even in the first week of September. Would recommend La Sughera - good discounts if you book lastminute (as we did - we got over a third off and stayed in the Sodi apartment). Great pool and classic Tuscan countryside views out of our kitchen window! Viareggio, Tirennia & Cechina are some coastal resorts near to Pisa that were recommended to us by another family staying at la Sughera who did day trips there. HTH. We picked up a rental car from the airport which I would recommend as well as buying a decent road map of Tuscany.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now