Talk

Advanced search

Can my mum take her medication in her hand luggage ???

(8 Posts)
IllegallyBrunette Thu 04-Sep-08 18:58:19

And if so, does she have to declare it ??

Oh and also, can I take one of those thin freezer blokes in my main suitcase ?? Want to take one to put in with food when we go on days out etc.

IllegallyBrunette Thu 04-Sep-08 18:59:29

BLOCK not bloke rofl.

akhems Thu 04-Sep-08 19:03:03

meds yes she can cos my mum's just been to italy and had to do that, they were fine about it cos they could see it was medication and not dodgy drugs, lol

as to the freezer thingy, Idon't see why not but that's just mho

IllegallyBrunette Thu 04-Sep-08 19:12:30

Thanks

Will she need to declare the meds ?? Or can she just have them in her bag and not mention it ?

expatinscotland Thu 04-Sep-08 19:14:28

yes. but she needs to take them in the box or container with her prescription label if possible.

my dad gets his hypertension drugs delivered every 3 months by post, however, in huge bottles, so his pharmacy printed up some labels to go on smaller bottles for when he travels.

Saggarmakersbottomknocker Thu 04-Sep-08 19:18:04

I take dd's in my hand luggage ( and a spare lot in my suitcase). No need to declare but take full packs with the chemist label on in case they do a random check.

The ice block is OK in your suitcase. They took mine off me coming back as we had the coolbag as hand luggage. But replacing them was loads cheaper than buying crappy in flight meals for 4.

IllegallyBrunette Thu 04-Sep-08 19:19:57

Ah, thank you both, thats great.

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Thu 04-Sep-08 23:21:39

I travel with my thyroxine tablets in my hand luggage and have never declared them. Sometimes they have been stored in one of those 7 day pill dispenser things and other times in the original packet. Never been asked about them by anyone checking my bags.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now