Talk

Advanced search

Silly o'clock times for flights......or easyjet release dates?

(18 Posts)
Nappyzoneneedssleep Thu 04-Sep-08 10:16:29

Looking to book next yrs hol (i know its early!!) anyway all flights from n east to menorca seem to be at 6am ish so that means we would have to get a 2 yr old and a 6 yr old and me obv up at 3am - seems mad and not a good start to hol - has anyone managed this and am i seeing probs that arent really there or failing that does anyone know when easyjet release there flights for next yr in case they travel at a sensible time?

Boring i know sorry but i have a day off and fancy gettign it booked up......smile

witchandchips Thu 04-Sep-08 10:24:22

we are trying this tonight (or tomorrow morning). Our plan is do get a taxi to the airport at 3 (ds can sleep in the car we can doze). We are taking a pushchair so ds can sleep through check in and security.

Nappyzoneneedssleep Thu 04-Sep-08 10:26:35

ooo good luck - how old is your ds?

smartiejake Thu 04-Sep-08 10:27:59

I am sure you will find that easyjat/ ryan air will have later flights through the day BUT they are often MUCH more expensive. (

Actually I have been looking for flights for next April for Easy Jet to go to Spain and they don't seem to be online yet. I think the new schedules start in April and they don't come out just yet.

witchandchips Thu 04-Sep-08 10:28:38

3.5, will let you know how we get on.

Treeny Thu 04-Sep-08 10:31:39

How about staying at a hotel at the airport, so you don't have to get up too much in the middle of the night?

We took a 6am flight last year with DD1 who was four at the time and we stayed at the airport the night before. The flight was about 2 hours, and it was great to arrive so early - it meant that we got pretty much a whole day at the start of our holiday, so was a good use of time I thought.

Fimbo Thu 04-Sep-08 10:33:35

I too am waiting for Easyjet flights to be announced for April to Majorca - we have already booked the accommodation <<bites nails>>

bundle Thu 04-Sep-08 10:34:17

although it is a ridiculously early time to get up in the UK, it does mean you get a whole day of your holiday once you get there, instead of getting there and perhaps driving in the dark..like we did this summer in southern Spain

smartiejake Thu 04-Sep-08 10:36:02

I have just e-mailed easy jet to find out when they come on line.

Fimbo that is the problem I have- I want to book a decent villa before they all go but want to know I can get the flights too.

witchandchips Thu 04-Sep-08 10:37:36

we investigated the staying at the airport option and worked out that
a) taxi was cheaper - even from kent to stansted
b) with a 6 o'clock flight you'd still have to get up at 4ish + you'd have the business of getting the courtesy bus to the terminal.

Nappyzoneneedssleep Thu 04-Sep-08 10:40:04

Yes but getting there and having a whoe day of 4 people walking round like zombies and radged wretchedly tired kids isnt the start i was hoping for - i know i want the world! Our local airport 10 mins away isnt flyinf to menorca next yr grrrrrrrrr but next one is only an hr away.

Fimbo Thu 04-Sep-08 10:42:56

I can get flights with Thomson or First Choice - but they are costing over £1000, the villa for 2 weeks is cheaper than that!

Nappyzoneneedssleep Thu 04-Sep-08 10:45:35

ok ive just rang my local airport - flights to menorca will be with thomas cook only who are imo expensive. they are not released yet but looking at james villas who i know fly with them they are a decent time. Will await easyjets offerings........

tiredemma Thu 04-Sep-08 10:50:04

I supsect that easyjet will release their seats within the next four weeks. BMI are about to release their seats and the other lowcost airlines generally follow suit.

(im waiting also!!!)

Nappyzoneneedssleep Thu 04-Sep-08 11:00:09

oh i will sit on my hands for another week or 4 !

Treeny Thu 04-Sep-08 11:11:26

When we spent the night at an airport hotel before an early flight, we found that DD wasn't too tired on the first day of our holiday, because we'd all gone to bed v early - she thought it was a huge novelty.

smartiejake Fri 05-Sep-08 09:08:47

I had an e-mail back from easy jet to say that the summer schedules are not usually released until 2-3months before the end of the present one. WHich means that the schedules for April to Oct are not out till end of January at the earliest! GRRRR!

Nappyzoneneedssleep Fri 05-Sep-08 11:51:39

mmmmmmmmm - spoke to my local agent today who said that despite our local airport appearing in some brochures the flights have been pulled for next yr due to credit crunch and stuff........ i am grrrrr too - she found me a nice day flight from leeds bradford for 4 of us 2 weeks sc in menorca for £849 shock but not sure onthe accomadation - i am so fussy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now