Talk

Advanced search

berlin hotels

(8 Posts)
nicm Wed 03-Sep-08 18:32:30

hi

was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a hotel in berlin. we're going mid october for a week. would like something for about £60 a night and with a pool if possible, but maybe this is way too much to ask!!?? have never been before so i have no ideas about areas etc.

thanks in advance.

xx

verylapsedrunner Wed 03-Sep-08 19:21:41

The Intercontinental is lovey with a fantastic breakfast and lovely indoor pool...but somewhat over budget (although you can get some good off peak internet deals)

nicm Thu 04-Sep-08 12:52:27

thanks verylapsedrunner, a bit over budget for us, i think i'm going to have to up the nightly rate but maybe not to that much lol!! does anyone have any other recommendations?

thanks

Leslaki Sat 06-Sep-08 11:28:53

If you ahve Tesco vouchers use them to pay for the Hilton - it was amazing!

HarrogateMum Sat 06-Sep-08 11:31:31

I stayed at the Alsterhof about 5 years ago - think it was about £80 per night, cant remember but booked it on lastminute.com - might not even be there anymore!

sinclair Mon 08-Sep-08 19:42:24

We stayed in Suite Hotel this summer for a couple of nights. Basic and clean, modern completely functional and charcter free but a bargain 70E a night for a family room. It's a chain, they have tv, fridge, decent bathroom and best of all there is a kind of screen that you can pull across to separate the kids from the adults at night. It is a bit 'hotel designed by Ikea' but it totally suited us. Right in the centre too. One warning - breakfast was expensive as per head and a bit rubbish - but it easy to go out to a cafe.

sinclair Mon 08-Sep-08 19:43:51

oh just reread and realised - no pool. Gym and marvellous German invention an 'ironing room' tho!

nicm Tue 16-Sep-08 13:24:56

hi ladies thanks for all your suggestions. have finally booked a hotel-couldn't find one in my price range with a pool but heigh-ho will go swimming somewhere else when i'm there.

thanks

xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now