Talk

Advanced search

Cottages 4 you

(11 Posts)
purlease Tue 02-Sep-08 21:47:28

have just checked out the website for options in Italy. It seems very cheap but also looks very nice. have any of you been on holiday to any of their properties? Would love to get some inside info. Thanks

mrswotzisnotin Wed 03-Sep-08 11:57:50

Not booked but a MN on here knows them very well.
Also you get 7% off if you look at the MN discounts (blue link at top of page in banner under MN logo) and use the link.

Kammy Thu 04-Sep-08 12:44:36

I've booked in UK - never had any problems, descriptions usually accurate and yes, very reasonable.

purlease Fri 05-Sep-08 11:47:15

thank you both.

Kammy - would you reccomend any particular UK ones. I'm not that pushed where I go - just need a break!

Kammy Fri 05-Sep-08 13:11:49

I really liked a little cottage in North Wales called Henrhiw Bach - its on a farm and they have a larger bunk house and a little caravan. 2 bedrooms, one in the attic, but may not have been suitable for very small children as steep stairs.
HTH

LackaDAISYcal Fri 05-Sep-08 13:15:51

We have always used them for holidays in the UK and haven't had a bad one yet. We recently stayed in a lovely cottage in Staithes, on the east Yorkshire. It was called Linden cottage and had a double and a single bedroom and it's own little courtyard, which is a very rare and luxurious commodity in a teeny fishing village. Have also stayed in a few in North Wales as well and they have all been very good, decorated to a high standard and very reasonably priced.

LackaDAISYcal Fri 05-Sep-08 13:17:02

sorry that should say east yorkshire coast (about 10 miles N of Whitby)

purlease Fri 05-Sep-08 17:25:43

Hey lacks, may have some good news soon (shh). Scan on 23rd and have been feeling absolutely shattered this time around. Not long to go for you now smile

LackaDAISYcal Fri 05-Sep-08 18:22:27

that's fantastic news purlease grin...so pleased for you......and is that the usual 12weeks scan? or earlier.

come and drop by on November and let us all know how you get on smile. Have you been on the knicker checker thread? Lots of support and understanding.

9 weeks and counting for me grin....eight if the little blighter doesn't get himself head down soon!

purlease Fri 05-Sep-08 18:45:33

12 weeks. I have been keeping very low key this time around. Tend to just lurk.Had booking appointment today and couldn't keep it quiet when you turned up grin. Didn't feel very pregnant earlier in the year but this time round I feel crap worse than with DD. Never thought I would be so happy about feeling so shit smile. Have also noticed another ex November who had to leave like me on the April 2009 thread. Just watching that one at the moment too.

LackaDAISYcal Fri 05-Sep-08 18:54:33

<lacks does a wee happy dance> that's just brilliant grin. I'll keep it under my hat for a bit and maybe see you on knicker checkers when you're ready smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now