Talk

Advanced search

Sun, short haul, small collection of gites/villas - where?

(13 Posts)
Doodle2U Mon 01-Sep-08 19:37:20

Right, if anyone can help...

I need to find a holiday cottage or villa, some place with guaranteed sun, with a shared pool so the kids can meet other children but I do not want a BIG holiday camp.

Any suggestions? Ideas? Good search words that don't bring up a pile o' shite on Google? Is there a site which lets you enter your exact requirements and then comes up with the holiday you're after?

smile

Doodle2U Mon 01-Sep-08 19:58:00

Oh stop it! Stop it! Yer killing me with ideas!

Anyone?

Wheelybug Mon 01-Sep-08 19:59:51

when are you going ? Budget ? HOw about Periyali on Zakynthos in greece (Simpson travel) or Mousses in greece (Simply travel) ?

Doodle2U Mon 01-Sep-08 20:04:49

Going next May (whit half term)

Budget - doesn't really matter because I'm starting to save for it now!

Not heard of those two suggestions, Wheely - will Google now - ta.

Portofino Mon 01-Sep-08 20:05:17

Try TotstoFrance. I was looking at a great one in the Dordogne for this year, but we moved house and couldn't manage it. I've got a link somewhere to an excellent place in Languedoc, with a pool, creche, babysitting, a couple of evening meals included, activities such as wine tasting. In fact I would like to move in permanently but it is very expensive....I'll try to find the link.

Portofino Mon 01-Sep-08 20:09:22

Country Kids I would certainly love a couple of weeks next summer, but probably over my budget...

Wheelybug Mon 01-Sep-08 20:15:40

Wow I like the look of that Portfino - just put some random dates in for next summer though and fully booked already. Will try and remember it for another time though!

Wheelybug Mon 01-Sep-08 20:17:01

ooh doodle - just realised there's an ad for simpson (periyali) at the top of this thread (or there is when I look at it) -

sinkingfast Mon 01-Sep-08 20:26:43

5040 EUR for one week in Aug 2009!! <thud>

sinkingfast Mon 01-Sep-08 20:27:08

That was for Country Kids btw.

CountessDracula Mon 01-Sep-08 20:27:51

Mousses in Lefkas
Do a search on here there are a billion reviews

R2G Tue 02-Sep-08 00:31:03

How about here

Reviews from other families on the site

£250 a week only grin
5* Crowne Plaza resort
Sleeps 5
More than one villa
Shared pool close to villa and other pools in resort
Supermarket does deliveries
18 hole golf course
tennis courts
children's play area
spa
restaurants
15 mins to beaches
10 mins to the airport
300 days sunshine in Murcia!

giddybiddy Wed 03-Sep-08 17:36:52

Have just got back from Alianthos in Crete, similar to Mousses in Lefkas though neither accomodation nor creche as good. Great location though and would meet your requirements.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now