Talk

Advanced search

Kinderhotels or recommendations for other kid friendly hotels

(6 Posts)
2fedup Sun 31-Aug-08 16:51:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

verylapsedrunner Mon 01-Sep-08 08:06:23

Yes, we've been but admit DS speaks German. That being said my German is really awful and all the staff spoke good English (childcare & other hotel staff). The 2 places we enjoyed were www.galtenberg.com and www.unterschwarzach.at

AbbyMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 01-Sep-08 10:04:13

Friend has just come back from one and said it was fantastic - and she has a brood of 4 under the age of 8... kids had a ball and she and hubby actually got some time together, too.

2fedup Mon 01-Sep-08 14:22:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

annasmami Thu 02-Oct-08 11:14:41

We've been to the several Kinderhotels (Alpenrose in Lermoos, Baer in Serfaus, Hagleitner in Zell am See), both in summer and in winter. Our children (now 4 and 6) always have a great time - huge indoor soft play areas, kids clubs with lots of activities, indoor swimming pools, kids restaurant etc., while my dh and I enjoy the walks, mountain bike tours, the spa and the generally very good food.

Most Austrian/German staff do make an effort to speak some English (they often actually want to 'practice' their English), so you should be ok without too much German.

LIZS Sat 04-Oct-08 07:45:13

The Swiss equivalent are Kidshotels and we've stayed at several. Our fave (summer and winter ) is the Alphubel in Saas Fee which scores well in MN ski reviews too and also has a kids activity programme in the resort in high summer. Others have mixed levels of English spoken tbh but the lady who runs the kids club there is English and married into the Swiss family who own the hotel. They, and Kinderhotels, are popular with expats living there so you often find a mix of languages spoken.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: