Talk

Advanced search

Eurocamp or Keycamp (chalets) in Spain/S. Europe - experience anyone?

(6 Posts)
mumblechum Thu 28-Aug-08 08:31:46

Am thinking of taking ds for a v v cheap May half term break, prob. to one of the sites near Barcelona. Will prob take one of his mates along so I can blob out with a book i peace.

Has anyone ever been to one of those places? If so,

1. Are they really packed out?

2. Are the chalets ok, ie clean, not really like camping?

3. Any good for teenagers?

Muchos Gracias

mumblechum Thu 28-Aug-08 12:08:56

bump

mumblechum Thu 28-Aug-08 14:26:26

Anyone?

lilolilmanchester Thu 28-Aug-08 18:20:51

Just back from here

It's a huge site, but didn't feel packed, although not enough facilities such as sunbeds/tennis courts/table tennis tables for the size of the campsite; not within walking distance of the town, although there was a bus; restaurant/takeaway pretty crap and expensive but we barbecued most of the time. Upside: half way decent evening entertainment. Football pitch/basket ball pitch which is where my teenage DS hung out most of the time. Mobile homes were spotless and new & are airconditioned. our reps were a fabulous mature couple, nothing was too much trouble. Free parking at the station, so we took the train into Barcelona a couple of times. Lots of lovely places to visit along the coast not too far away if you have car, although the train also stops at lots of nice places so manageable without a car. Hope that helps

mumblechum Fri 29-Aug-08 08:12:01

Cheers Lilo!

Sounds like it's ok as a base, but best to get out for daytrips.

V. helpful smile

lilolilmanchester Fri 29-Aug-08 15:44:30

If you do decide to go there, come back and ask for more info!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now