Talk

Advanced search

After weeks of deliberation Oj has booked a holiday somewhere sunny and special

(24 Posts)
onlyjoking Wed 27-Aug-08 13:29:21

have been turning it over in my head for weeks now should we go away for october or not, i think that i feel guilty that we are doing things and planning life without steve, not planning things will not bring him back and if steve were here he would have the suitcases out ready.
we are going back to Menorca we have had 2 really lovely holidays there, we will take the remaining ashes with us.
Had to tell someone that we have booked.

LittleMyDancing Wed 27-Aug-08 13:31:02

hooray! well done for getting past another difficult decision, hope you have a lovely time grin

ps am very envy. i need a holiday.

MarsLady Wed 27-Aug-08 13:31:38

Ooh I love Menorca. Was thinking of taking the DC there in Oct. Where will you be?

[stalker emoticon]

nell12 Wed 27-Aug-08 13:32:07

Yay! Well done OJ. I am sure Steve would be proud of you.
Enjoy the sunshine when you get there (because, lets face it, we are getting precious little of it here!)

mylovelymonster Wed 27-Aug-08 13:33:34

You don't know me OJ, but just wanted to wish you & your family a wonderful holiday x

Buda Wed 27-Aug-08 13:34:01

Well done. Steve will be proud. It will be great to give you all things to look forward to. A boost of sunshine will be just what you all need to set you up for winter.

onlyjoking Wed 27-Aug-08 13:58:15

you are welcome to come and stalk us Mars as long as there is LDC wink
this villa is next door to the one we have booked.
www.jamesvillas.co.uk/villa.cfm?villa_id=387&CTA=villa_title

when i went to book it the flights had been reduded grin only by £12 each but think of the rum i could buy with that.

onlyjoking Wed 27-Aug-08 14:00:50

we always had 2 or 3 holidays a year we always had something to plan and look forward to and i think we still need to do that.
i think we will go away for christmas too, christmas will be very hard to face at home i think.

Lizzylou Wed 27-Aug-08 14:04:00

Oh Oj, Cala en Porter is lovely, envy
it's great looking forward to holidays, isn't it?
I bet you all have a great time.

MarsLady Wed 27-Aug-08 21:55:53

sadly not big enough OJ. Remember I have 5 children.

I'm sure you'll have a wonderful holiday. I love Menorca!

ShinyPinkEELSwithShoesOn Wed 27-Aug-08 22:19:24

I am so pleased you've done this

onlyjoking Thu 28-Aug-08 00:31:22

i have done it, it was hard to do but in some ways it is easier to be away without steve than be at home with all the reminders around, i cant bring myself to move hos toothbrush and shaver his hat and coat and all the other stuff, still cant sit at the table for a meal, it will get easier but it takes time 11 weeks is still very early i guess.

anorak Thu 28-Aug-08 00:38:04

Oh OJ I was hoping you were going to say Bermuda smile Have a lovely time and lots of rum.

Buda Thu 28-Aug-08 06:45:23

You are right OJ - 11 weeks is nothing - it will all take time and you should do exactly as you think is best to help you and the children get through it.

onlyjoking Thu 28-Aug-08 08:57:07

I can always dream that I am in burmuda. How are things with you?

forevercleaning Thu 28-Aug-08 09:04:32

how warm is menorca in october? It looks so reasonably priced for a villa at that time of year.
Have fun

watsthestory Thu 28-Aug-08 09:06:15

Message withdrawn

bellavita Thu 28-Aug-08 09:06:39

It looks lovely OJ, a bit of sunshine will do wonders.

You and your children are amazing.

mistlethrush Thu 28-Aug-08 09:08:40

Sounds wonderful - have a great time!

goldpony Thu 28-Aug-08 09:12:15

Great idea. Well done you!

noddyholder Thu 28-Aug-08 09:17:47

You deserve this.We have just had a really lovely holiday in menorca so relaxing Hpop its the same for you xx

Gobbledigook Thu 28-Aug-08 09:19:58

Oooh envy, I DO love holidays - looks lovely OJ - have a fabbo time!

onlyjoking Fri 29-Aug-08 10:26:03

menorca is lovely in october and april we have found it nice and quiet then too. it will be nice to go back there we have some nice menories from there and we will make some new memories, steve loved to travel and he wanted us to carry on travelling laughing and loving and so we will, it ain't ever gonna be the same and we have to adjust to our new "normal" we will be ok. some days it doesn't feel like we will but other days i know we can do it.

mother3 Sat 30-Aug-08 00:50:20

oj. Your children will love the holidays and the traveling just as steve did.You are doing so well .You have had such a rough sad year, you all deserve to be happy as steve would have wanted this for all of you.Enjoy the sun it does make a difference.Your children will be jet setters when they get older,they will love to travel.I do understand that it is harder to be at home with painful memories esp with ils situation.Is any one else going with you?tracey or friends?You will make happy memories there and smile when you look back to see how your chidren enjoyed themselves.You will make them proud of the happy memories you make for them even though you are grieving.They will look back in years to come and be happy for all the good times you all had.xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now