Talk

Advanced search

Things To Do In Provence???

(7 Posts)
OllieWollieWoo Tue 26-Aug-08 13:08:27

Just booked a bit of a last minute holiday for September to a villa park & spa in Provence - close to Frejus/St Raphael. Does anyone have any recommendations of things to do or see (DSs aged 3 and 1) or do I have to go find my battered copy of Rough Guide to France from 1998???

gingernutlover Tue 26-Aug-08 13:55:21

we just went to this area, although slightly more east, near grasse

antibes is loevly for a wander round, millionaires yauchts to spot on the quay and also an old walled town with cafes and shops, which is cooler if it is very hot

one of the best days out we had was to lake st cassien which was beyond grasse for us so probbaly not far from st raphael - it was beautifull location and we spent the day swimming, playing on the rocks, there were pedaloes for older ones but also swings ans slides by some of the retaurants

cap3000 shopping centre in nice by the coast was a nice break from the heat too - had carousels for children and the cafe was very reasonable with a lot of choice

gingernutlover Tue 26-Aug-08 13:56:00

oh, meant to say, have a great time grin from experience, the nearer the coast you are the hotter

Milliways Tue 26-Aug-08 16:40:39

Port Grimaud is pretty, and you can get a water taxi to St Tropez from there, but the kids also enjoyed the boat trip around Port Grimaud itself (it's a mini venice).

Day trip to Monacco was a hit for us!

Beetroot Tue 26-Aug-08 16:43:40

aqualand is in frejus

sea and sun are all you really need to do though

Beetroot Tue 26-Aug-08 16:44:01

book online for aqualand

OllieWollieWoo Tue 26-Aug-08 19:37:31

Thanks for the v useful replies.

Gingernut - we are inland from Frejus, about 5 mins from the lake I think. Sounds great and just the sort of thing the boys - and DH will love. Thanks also for the shopping centre tip - always nice to have a quick browse at french fashion etc if I can persuade DH!

Agree with Beetroot re sun and sand! Fingers crossed its lovely weather!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now