Advanced search

Puerto Del Carmen

(8 Posts)
herbietea Wed 20-Aug-08 19:05:57

Message withdrawn

herbietea Wed 20-Aug-08 20:58:52

Message withdrawn

olympicsnotfederer Wed 20-Aug-08 21:03:55

I went a few yrs ago and I don't remember it being particularly hilly.

Towards the back of the resort and near the Old Town there are a few hills but its not like reorts such as Puerto Rico in Gran Canarie for example.

herbietea Wed 20-Aug-08 21:05:30

Message withdrawn

watsthestory Wed 20-Aug-08 21:05:48

Message withdrawn

PestoMonster Wed 20-Aug-08 21:07:18

Well I haven't been but my parents have been there every year since 1982. Now that they are in their seventies they are struggling as my Mum has arthritis in her knee and my Dad suffers from sciatica. They used to love going there because they liked to stroll around the resort every day, walking being one of their favourite pastimes. However, the last two years they haven't enjoyed it much as they are in pain when walking and will probably have to re-think their holiday plans for next year.

Don't know how much help this will be to you, but didn't want your thread going unanswered. Ooh, and my Dad just made sure they used taxis a lot more when they went in April this year.

MrsBergerac Sat 23-Aug-08 20:53:23

It depends where the villa is. The main road along the front of PDC is flat (and very busy - I wouldn't want to stay there). The quieter areas are uphill, especially the old town. We stayed in the old town part 20 years ago and it was quite a hike up from the harbour. We only visited the beach once, preferring to stay by the pool.

Aimsmum Sat 23-Aug-08 21:00:38

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now