Talk

Advanced search

Anyone flown from Coventry - Is it really that small? Any tips on keeping 3 yr old amused?

(2 Posts)
mumma2cjh Tue 19-Aug-08 09:06:19

we fly at 7am so check in at 5am - any tips on keeping LO amused?!

katiechops Tue 19-Aug-08 10:06:54

Flew from Coventry about 3 years ago when Thomson first started doing flights from there. It might have changed since then, but when I went through there it was really, really small - basically a big shed!

As far as I remember there was nothing in the check in area apart from a couple of check in desks. Then once you were checked in and through security (the benefit of it being a small airport is that you do this very quickly!) then in the departure lounge there are just plastic seats, a small shop selling newspapers and a small selection of perfume and a stand selling sandwiches, coffee, drinks.

As the airport is so small and you can get through security really quickly, I'd suggest turning up no more than 1.5 - 1 hr before your flight (min check in is 45 mins)- less time hanging around with LO and more sleep!

The other good thing about travelling through such a small airport is that you may be able to let your LO have a walk about and explore whilst still being able to keep an eye on her/easily retrieve her from mischief. DD also loves looking at the planes through teh window (although with Coventry being so small, yours will probably be the only commercial plane there and it might be too early for the light aircraft!)

When travelling with my 2yo, as long as I'm not flying with Ryanair/Easyjet where seats are not allocated, I always board the plane as late as possible. Most airlines call passengers with small children board first, but we find that it's better to go on last and let DD run around when she has the chance rather than making her sit in her seat for longer.

If you have a small laptop or portable dvd player, these are brilliant for keeping kids amused on the flight. We also take along a couple of books, comics and snacks to keep her occupied.

Hope this helps! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now