Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Hooray finally booked hols...however dont do meals on plane - what should I pack food wise to take to airport?

(11 Posts)
mumma2cjh Tue 19-Aug-08 08:59:20

We fly from Coventry at 7am but the airline Thomson/Fly doesnt do meals on plane and airport with it being small doesnt have a breakfast cafe.

Also need to have some lunch items with me as we wont get to hotel till around 1pm.

Was going to take a lunch bag with food in - what would you take?

SqueakyPop Tue 19-Aug-08 09:09:18

I would take something tasty

fairydust Tue 19-Aug-08 09:10:48

last time we went we couldn't take food into the departure lounge they did't allow it

mumma2cjh Tue 19-Aug-08 09:14:59

oh know really????? WIll have to fill LO up before we go through then - I know you cant take liquids but food surely????

Fimbo Tue 19-Aug-08 09:22:16

Are you certain Thomson are not doing inflight meals?

We went to Menorca in May using them and they served them.

Feed your child up before you go through to the departure lounge.

mumma2cjh Tue 19-Aug-08 09:25:32

its Thomsons/Fly - its their smaller range. Just chekced Coventry airport website and there is a cafe inside

Aimsmum Tue 19-Aug-08 09:51:25

Message withdrawn

mumto2andnomore Tue 19-Aug-08 10:20:25

Which airport wouldnt let food in the departure lounge ? Never heard of that.
We take normal picnic things, sandwiches, sausage rolls,crisps, fruit, dried fruit.

bozza Tue 19-Aug-08 10:34:21

We took food on our BMI baby flight with no problem. Flight was a bit later though so we just needed lunch - sandwiches etc. And then bought drinks in Boots once we were through security. Did hot cross buns and cereal bars and cartons of juice for breakfast in the car on the way to the airport.

mum2ds1 Tue 19-Aug-08 10:46:22

hi
we didnt have food on our flight but were lucky enough to have plenty of cafes in man airport to choose from. but other people on our flight didnt have the meal either and they were bring packed lunches out alkinds really.
once you are through security checks you can usually buy liquids in the likes of boots etc and you can take theese on board
have fun

EachPeachPearMum Tue 19-Aug-08 11:22:24

Hot Cross Buns, apples, boxes of raisins, bananas, bagels.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now