Talk

Advanced search

Paris- where to stay?

(7 Posts)
meridian Sat 16-Aug-08 16:04:24

DH has booked flights to Paris in october. flying on Tuesday the 28th and returning Thursday the 30th of October...

where to stay though? I have been to Paris twice once in a rather dodgy hotel.. and last May I went with some girlfriends and DS, and thier DDs... we stayed in a little apartment... which was ok but it was a bit standard...

I want helf finding somewhere nice.. we are bringing MIL as its her first trip out of the country and its her birthday so want something nice and.. pretty... any ideas?

beeny Sat 16-Aug-08 16:12:38

have just come bavk from hotel montefleuri very near champs elysees.Concorde lafayette is also good

jura Sat 16-Aug-08 16:30:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

meridian Sat 16-Aug-08 17:54:56

thank you...

jura.. that Merry one looks fab... not sure if DH is willing to spend that much though.. hmmm.. will show it to him and see what he says!

FrogPrincess Sat 16-Aug-08 18:09:19

Hotel de Fleurie
very nice, very well located in St Germain des Pres, and next door to Casa Bini, the best Italian restaurant in Paris.

SqueakyPop Sun 17-Aug-08 20:08:02

We stayed at the Hotel de l'Arc de Triomphe, which was close to Etoile Metro stop. We were very glad to be somewhere central and within easy transportation to the main sites.

We had two family rooms - not sure if suitable for including MIL. We had one room with two double beds, and another with a super king and single. There were more standard rooms too.

We found it at this site: www.venere.com

bluesky Tue 19-Aug-08 16:18:59

My mum, ds2 and I stayed at Le Regent Hotel, 61 rue Dauphine. www.hotelleregent.com

Great location, close to Seine, we could walk to Notre Dame and Louvre. Metro and buses nearby. Great restaurants. We didn't eat breakfast at the hotel as there was a great "PAUL" restaurant nearby that did delicious croissants etc for breakfast.

I will definitely stay there next time I go to Paris. It ticked all the boxes! We had a room that overlooked the front (had geranium window boxes, very pretty). There are room pictures on their website. Rooms are small but they all tend to be in Paris. We went for a superior room, so that we could get a camp bed in for my little ds!

You can get the train straight down from airport, and then a 5 min walk.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now