Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone had the perfect villa holiday?

(8 Posts)
SquiffyHock Fri 15-Aug-08 19:36:16

I'd like to book a holiday for next May but the choice available is just mind boggling so I thought I'd try Mumsnet, the oracle!

We stayed in a villa near Marbella last year which was really lovely but on a golf course so we needed to drive everywhere. Based on that, here is my dream wishlist;

*Not too far - am thinking Portugal or Italy.
*Sleeps 4 adults, 2 children and 1 baby
*Within a nice walking distance of beaches/ shops and restaurants.
*private pool

We don't mind hiring a car but I'd rather not, it would be nice just to mooch about. Budget no more than £2500 for the week.

So, any ideas??? smile

SquiffyHock Fri 15-Aug-08 19:51:05

Anyone?

georgiemum Fri 15-Aug-08 19:53:53

Try www.cottagestocastles.com - they do Italy (and Croatia).

We have used these guys twice (they also book flights - £25 extra for the whole booking) and car hire - cost price). we had great holidays both time and are looking to book next year too.

If you find somewhere great - we want to see photos!!

artichokes Fri 15-Aug-08 19:58:07

Do you mind about modern vs traditional style?

Do you want a tourist area or off the beaten track?

Do you want to be near cultural sites or just beaches etc?

HarrogateMum Fri 15-Aug-08 20:04:10

WE used www.vintagetravel.com last year and had a lovely villa in Majorca for 9 of us. Truly fab, every room with an ensuite and a great pool, middle of nowhere which was perfect for us - they have villas all over Europe.

SquiffyHock Fri 15-Aug-08 20:04:54

Will try that site georgiemum - thanks. Croatia could be a really nice option.

I would like to stay somewhere quite traditional, my Mum and Dad will be with us so it would be nice if they could go off for a few hours exploring. Cultural sites only to a point, 3 children under 5 might not appreciate museums but would happily run about somewhere like Pompei.

Last year I went totally on the villa - I wanted somewhere quite nice (esp. kitchens and bathrooms!) but it would have been lovely to walk to a choice of restaurants each evening. We liked Marbella and Puerto Banus but had to drive to both.

Hassled Fri 15-Aug-08 20:23:40

We stayed here last year - a small complex (12-ish apartments with a shared pool). It was quiet and wonderful - a steep walk down to the local village, Atrani, which is wonderful and has a good beach, restaurants etc. I would recommend all of the Amalfi Coast - have been there many times now. And Pompeii is an easy day trip.

SquiffyHock Sat 16-Aug-08 19:17:54

That looks really lovely Hassled, am going to run it by DH and try to convince him that a shared pool is not a problem! Thank-you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now