Talk

Advanced search

When abroad, can you use ANY hotel pool??not just your own???

(21 Posts)
PinkChick Thu 14-Aug-08 08:52:30

having traumas at min as we go away in 6 weeks but dp now likes adjacent hotel for its pool (huge-already started a thread but no answers).

I WONT pay the extra £800 just to be in this hotel, JUST to use this pool, but was wondering if you obv buy drinks/food at bars, can you use ANY pool?? we sued a different hotel pool last year but friends were staying there, so not entirley strangers..need to find this out so dp doesnt feel ahrd done tosmile

lilymolly Thu 14-Aug-08 08:55:10

I am sure if you are careful - no one would notice tbh.

Dont think its allowed, But I would risk it personally.

I have been away 3 times this year and each pool "could" have easily been used by people other thatn residents

PinkChick Thu 14-Aug-08 09:22:21

dont know if i would want to be edgy though while trying to ahev fun with dd??i honestly thought you 'could' use any pool, like last year as long as we bought drinks and food there???

zippitippitoes Thu 14-Aug-08 09:25:11

i would feel a bit miffed if i had paid for the hotel facility through mty room rate and random people were wandering in using it hmm

but some hotels have an eat in the restaurant and use the pool offer

tiredemma Thu 14-Aug-08 09:28:35

Where is it?

When I worked overseas residents of the hotels generally watched who came and went like hawks and we often had to ask people to leave the pool area. But this was in a 'upmarket' hotel right on the beach.

Last time we went there (on holiday) they had installed a gate seperating the pool from the beach so only residents could use it.

weeonion Thu 14-Aug-08 09:28:43

we once paid a small "fee" at hotel reception to be able to use their pool. something like 5 euros a day. might be worth checking out??

nappyaddict Thu 14-Aug-08 09:30:43

most places let you use their pool if you buy drinks etc but i would ask first.

PinkChick Thu 14-Aug-08 09:38:29

its atlantica aeneas in nissi bay cyprus.
would be happy to pay a daily cahrge, just dont want to pay this much this time to change hotels, would like to tay there maybe next yr but as hol now all paid for, dont want to find extra money(cant find extra moeny really!)

PinkChick Thu 14-Aug-08 09:39:03

sorry meant to say i emailed them last night to ask this question but it may take while for response.

mumto2andnomore Thu 14-Aug-08 11:36:46

If its a posh hotel I bet you are only allowed to use the pool if you stay there, otherwise guests who have paid a lot to stay there will be a bit miffed !
I would go where you have decided,and look at the other pool, you can always go there next year.Why didnt he think about this earlier !

zippitippitoes Thu 14-Aug-08 11:39:06

just out of curiosity i looked up the reviews of that hotel clearly the only reason to stay there is for the excellent pool

they also mention that it is worth staying all inclusive as the drinks are so expensive

will be interesting to see what the hotel says

i think they would be unlikely to let random folk use the pool

hanaflower Thu 14-Aug-08 11:44:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LIZS Thu 14-Aug-08 11:55:21

If its an all inclusive they may well have wrist bands to identify genuine guests and not be open to general public. I doubt you'll be able to sort it out in advance of going but may be able to ask locally.

PinkChick Thu 14-Aug-08 13:52:38

hi, just ahd email back saying for residents use onlysad..ive just rang first choice and they DONT offer hols at that hotel so we CANT upgrade.
The only option would be to pay £800 on top of what we have already paid and effectivly have 2 hotel/apartment rooms.

its not 'just' all inc, it offers room only as well, but like i say, they still wont allow riff raffwink in..shame, like i say nissi park were fine with this last year and they WERE all inc!? as was nissi beach hotel!?..maybe it IS different when you get there? dont knwo?sad

TheDevilWearsPrimark Thu 14-Aug-08 13:58:28

The pool in the hotel you're in can't be that bad surely?

Plus why would you want to spend all of your holiday at a poolside with nosy fellow tourists?

We paid less than £800 including spending money on the last holiday we went on.

PinkChick Thu 14-Aug-08 14:11:41

The pool we've got is standard pool, rectangle and quite deep with a small round baby pool to one end..the atlantica has a huge free form pool wrapping all around the complex and is mostly shallow enough for little ones to paddle around in with designated 'swimming' pool areas(deeper).

i jst cant bring myself to do itsad and i knwo we'll get to this one and dp will be allhmm as i know were we're staying basic, but its larger than many of the others(rooms, as its apartment not hotel room so got kitchen living room and bedroom bathroom)..but at the end of the day we could also (have) been disapointed with the more expensive one, it might have been smelly(no smoking ban) etc.
we paid just over £800 for me, dp and dd, its 4 star hotel for 8 days, ew stayed there last year and was nothing flash but also wasnt scruffy, hotel itself was quite swish, rooms basic, but we were over looking(right ON the beach) nissi beach and right inbetween these very flash one (adams beach, nissi beach hotel, atlantica, nissi park)<<sigh>>just know if we get the stankyest room right next to scooter shop now itll be the silent treatment!<,sigh>>

TheDevilWearsPrimark Thu 14-Aug-08 14:15:35

It sounds like a fab holiday. Your DP has ishoos.

Ask him if that £800 would be better spent on your heating bills this winter?

PinkChick Thu 14-Aug-08 14:49:44

The pool we've got is standard pool, rectangle and quite deep with a small round baby pool to one end..the atlantica has a huge free form pool wrapping all around the complex and is mostly shallow enough for little ones to paddle around in with designated 'swimming' pool areas(deeper).

i jst cant bring myself to do itsad and i knwo we'll get to this one and dp will be allhmm as i know were we're staying basic, but its larger than many of the others(rooms, as its apartment not hotel room so got kitchen living room and bedroom bathroom)..but at the end of the day we could also (have) been disapointed with the more expensive one, it might have been smelly(no smoking ban) etc.
we paid just over £800 for me, dp and dd, its 4 star hotel for 8 days, ew stayed there last year and was nothing flash but also wasnt scruffy, hotel itself was quite swish, rooms basic, but we were over looking(right ON the beach) nissi beach and right inbetween these very flash one (adams beach, nissi beach hotel, atlantica, nissi park)<<sigh>>just know if we get the stankyest room right next to scooter shop now itll be the silent treatment!<,sigh>>

PinkChick Thu 14-Aug-08 14:51:00

?? dont know why that happend??

anyway..heres ours, just checked and although we found it fine last year, there have been some pretty negative reveiews this yearhmm.. www.cyprushotelsguide.net/vassos_hotel3.php

PinkChick Thu 14-Aug-08 14:55:58

www.aeneas.com.cy/Atlantica-Aeneas-Pool.php

here is the other one...thing is the hol we've paid for we basically got half price, last year for the same holiday(only 4 weeks earlier) we paid £1400, this year we paid just over £800!!!(offers on/free child place etc), so had we been booking now with old hotel at £14000 and this one at £1600 i would have chosen the new one..but we didnt,mus admit, even though we found it ok last year am worried about these reveiews now, we never saw ONE cockroache last year, but people are now saying this year there is/was a real problem???sad

saggyhairyarse Sun 17-Aug-08 19:48:41

I bet there is a water park nearby that you could go to to satisfy your DHs pool obsession.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now