Talk

Advanced search

lanzarote

(10 Posts)
frazzled74 Tue 12-Aug-08 18:54:06

I am going to book a holiday to lanzarote in october half term and dont know where to book. Matagorda or playa blanca? or any other ideas for canary islands pleasesmile. There will be me dh, dd 5, ds 16 and ds 2.

handsomeharrysmum Wed 13-Aug-08 17:17:08

I loved Playa Blanca.The Playa Flamingo Apartments are superb, right on the beach.Thompson run and great entertainment for the children if that's what you want.Lovely walk along the prom to the Harbour and Playa Blanca town centre.

barey Wed 13-Aug-08 17:25:54

I liked Plya Blanca too. We stayed at the Princesa Yaiza which was quite nice

bellavita Wed 13-Aug-08 17:43:14

We went to Matagorda about 4 years ago now, stayed in the Sol Lanzarote. The hotel was ok, but I don't think you will find much to do in Matagorda.

My Ds's at the time were about 5 & 7 so the hotel entertainment and kids club (they did little evening parties with discos away from the parents). I would think your Ds1 might find it a bit boring. The walk into Puerto Del Carmen takes about 30 mins along the promenade which is a lot livelier.

bellavita Wed 13-Aug-08 17:44:14

so the hotel entertainment and kids club was really good - should read.

frazzled74 Wed 13-Aug-08 20:46:45

thanks will look at the hotels mentioned in playa blanca grin

geordieminx Wed 13-Aug-08 20:54:39

Playa Blanca

Rubimar aparthotel - was fantastic 0 a wee bit out of PB itself but in a lovel new marina resort.

Cant reccomend it enough!!

motheroftwoboys Thu 14-Aug-08 14:06:11

Stayed in Oasis Occidental in Costa Teguise more than once. Brilliant.

Birdly Fri 15-Aug-08 07:26:50

We stayed at Holiday Village Sun Tropical (First Choice) in Playa Blanca back in February, and loved both the resort and the town. There was so much to do at the holiday village that we hardly left it all week!

walshvet Sat 16-Aug-08 08:57:02

we go every year to playa blanca ,timanfaya palace is great!!!!!!!,we want a change this year though anyone tried tenerife with kids at oct half term ,any quiet areas with 4/5 star child friendly hotel??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now